+ Reply to Thread
    Purple Iris is offline Common

Default Unable to edit my intro post

Howdy!!

I posted an intro this morning and was just checking back to see if anyone had responded. I see it's had 26 views, but no responses. So, I figured maybe I should shorten my intro a bit. However, I couldn't because the edit button was missing.

There's an edit button on every one of my other posts. I know the intro had one earlier because I needed to correct errors. So, why am I suddenly unable to edit my intro?

Thanks!!

Nicole

Zak
    Zak is offline Old School Gamer

Default Re: Unable to edit my intro post

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Posts here are only editable for a few hours after you've posted them. If you need to add information you can always post it as a reply

(And if you are curious to know why we have this limitation, its because we've had spammers post something legit and then after moderators looked and saw that the content was fine, several days later they would go and edit their posts and add inappropriate content which would then go unnoticed until reported by a user... so to prevent this kind of abuse we implemented the edit rule)

-Zak

Purple Iris is offline Common

Default Re: Unable to edit my intro post

Aahh...that makes sense. Thanks for getting back to me.