+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Nintendo NES Rare Game & System Cabinet spotted on Ebay

kangaroo is offline Uncommon

Default Nintendo NES Rare Game & System Cabinet spotted on Ebay

This one's a cool Ninetndo cabinet to have

RARE VINTAGE NINTENDO NES GAME & SYSTEM CABINET - MARIO - eBay (item 380177348346 end time Nov-22-09 17:30:17 PST)

VINTAGE NINTENDO CABINET
    I've never seen one of these before. I've showed it to a few people that are very familiar with vintage Nintendo and they have never seen one so I thinks it's safe to call it rare. It's marked "1989 Nintendo of America Inc." and measures 19 1/2'" wide, 16" deep and 23" tall with the wheels. It's in near mint condition and has a very crisp, clean appearance. The red bars on the shelves are spaced perfectly to lock your system's legs in place so it won't slip when you put your game in.

My first thought when I saw this was that they had just stuck some Nintendo stickers on a cabinet but the original owners told me they bought it when they bought the game system. After I fit the games and system in place it became obvious that this was manufactured for the Nintendo NES system. The games and system are not including they are just to show you how nicely everything fits. There are tens of thousands of games and systems out there but when will you see another one of these?

BlackDS is offline Scarce

Default Re: Nintendo NES Rare Game & System Cabinet spotted on Ebay

This is not original.
    First of all, do you see the little holes on the sides? Those are to lower/raise the shelves. If it was specially designed, those wouldn't be there.
    Second, the back is exposed plywood. I doubt something like this would be so cheap as to not cover the back.
    Some guy customized his TV stand, and he did a pretty good job.

Could be... still pretty cool

Bogy is offline Very Common

That is an original Nintendo stand. The back is exposed on the shelf side so the wires can go through to the TV and it's closed in on the cabinet side. There are two shelves and of course they are adjustable (they always are), one for the system and the other for extras. I've only seen one other one and it was in tough shape

TauntingElf is offline Uncommon

How would you get one of those Nintendo cabinets originally? Were they sold in stores? And if so then how come we dont see more of them?

atarilad is offline Uncommon

Quote Originally Posted by Bogy View Post
    That is an original Nintendo stand. The back is exposed on the shelf side so the wires can go through to the TV and it's closed in on the cabinet side. There are two shelves and of course they are adjustable (they always are), one for the system and the other for extras. I've only seen one other one and it was in tough shape
    Yes, I believe it to be authentic as well.

Definetly a sweet cabinet to put your NES stuff in!

Quote Originally Posted by TauntingElf View Post
    How would you get one of those Nintendo cabinets originally? Were they sold in stores? And if so then how come we dont see more of them?
    Somebody on another sight said he had one as a kid but trashed it and threw it out. I don't remember seeing them in stores back then either. I don't think they made many and that's why you don't see many.

Could it have been something given to Nintendo employees?

Quote Originally Posted by kangaroo View Post
    Could it have been something given to Nintendo employees?
    Here's a link to Gamesniped where they show this.
    Life Size Lynch (of Kane and Lynch Dead Men) Statue | Proto-dev-grail-interesting auctions | gameSniped.com

Below is what somebody wrote about it. I didn't see a way to email him but maybe he could tell us where he got his (he was only six though).

■Ryan R on November 18th, 2009 5:43 pm
    Oh man I had that roller cart for Nintendo. I also remember bashing it down so I can throw it away for the big pickup in town. That Mario was very bad and mine didn’t have him on it. Maybe it was done in taste by my mom or my 6 year old self. $200 would of been nice though.

atarilad is offline Uncommon

How about this one here:

Nintendo NES MARIO Console & Games Stand / Cart - eBay (item 130333554790 end time Nov-25-09 17:06:52 PST)

Officially Licensed
    Top Cut-Out is for Console
    Bottom Part is for Games
    Has fold-out storage where Mario is for controllers and other extras
    Has Nintendo with registered trademark on top
    Also has Copyright 1989 Nintendo of America Inc in little letters right under Mario right arm
    Item is in great condition for it's age
    It is missing a rubber part on the right side (pictured).....looks as if it was never installed by the owner....This does not affect how it works and could be easily repaired by someone willing to spend the time.
    I believe this to be a rare piece because I have searched and searched for a comparable item and cannot find one.
    This would be great for any Nintendo or Mario Brothers Collector

WOW, I guess that confirms that it is authentic. I like the cabinet better and I like the cabinet's price better!

BlackDS is offline Scarce

That goes to show how much I know about anything

chris092052 is offline Very Common

I have the same nintendo cart/stand. Got it a year ago off of Ebay and paid $25. So if anyone wants one, keep looking. There is also one listed on Ioffer.com It's a great little cart. Holds my system, games and in the pull down drawer i have my controllers.

Quote Originally Posted by chris092052 View Post
    I have the same nintendo cart/stand. Got it a year ago off of Ebay and paid $25. So if anyone wants one, keep looking. There is also one listed on Ioffer.com It's a great little cart. Holds my system, games and in the pull down drawer i have my controllers.
    $25 thats like a steal, how did the bidding end so low (or maybe the buyer just put it like that with buy it now and you snatched it immediately )

chris092052 is offline Very Common

I buy alot on Ebay. It wasn't a buy it now, but the bidding ended at a strange time. I've seen maybe 4 or 5 or these stands on ebay and ioffer. If this guy can get $999 for his i will seriously consider selling mine and finding another one.

Mrs_Mario is offline Very Common

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDS View Post
    This is not original.
    First of all, do you see the little holes on the sides? Those are to lower/raise the shelves. If it was specially designed, those wouldn't be there.
    Second, the back is exposed plywood. I doubt something like this would be so cheap as to not cover the back.
    Some guy customized his TV stand, and he did a pretty good job.
    I think it's the real deal. I found one at a yard sale last summer, games and system included. $20 for all of it. Let me attach a picture.

Mine does have a bit of water damage on the top surface though. Use a coaster!
    But it's great. I can put my TV, my SNES, my N64, and my Wii all on the same stand.
    Attached Images

brejcha is offline Very Common

Hey guys and gals. I just came across this forum and post and want to tell you about my cabinet.

When the Nintendo Wii came out I was searching for a cabinet. My mom told me "Why not use the cabinet that's in the garage". I said what cabinet.

Well after digging around I find this un-opened Nintendo cart from 1989 and say "Hey this is cool"

Well I sold the Wii and was searching online to find out what this thing is worth.

I have a pretty perfect condition cabinet with original box and instructions!

Here are some pictures. I heard that someone sold one for a ton of money and I am looking to do the same hopefully.

And to end all debates....it is or was an official product by Nintendo.

gaminger is offline Uncommon

WHOA sweet I've never seen a box of one of these! yeah with the box is probably worth tons