+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Nintendo NES Rare Game & System Cabinet spotted on Ebay

brejcha is offline Very Common

Default Re: Nintendo NES Rare Game & System Cabinet spotted on Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by gaminger View Post
    WHOA sweet I've never seen a box of one of these! yeah with the box is probably worth tons
    I only opened the damn thing a couple years ago (STUPID ME!)

Wish I never opened it. I cannot find any information on this cart and how much it is worth.

It also has the instructions

Hulk is offline Uncommon

looks in great condition (almost new?) plus you have the box so yeah expect to get $$$$ for it

kangaroo is offline Uncommon

Quote Originally Posted by brejcha View Post
    I only opened the damn thing a couple years ago (STUPID ME!)

Wish I never opened it. I cannot find any information on this cart and how much it is worth.

It also has the instructions
    Still in very nice condition despite being opened.

You could put it on Ebay and let the bets roll. Not sure how much it will fetch since dont think I've ever seen a complete cabinet with box and everything up for auction but could be $1000+

make sure to advertise your auction here and in every channel available

I will definetely keep everyone up to date on it. It is in perfect condition since it has only been sitting in my room since it was used on the Wii. It has only been used since the release of the Wii so that's only a couple years.

I am just wondering what the best route to take is with putting it online. It's so hard to find information on these.

CastleKing is offline Uncommon

As someone suggested, Ebay is a good place to put it

You could also check interest for it over at Video Game Auctions | New Used Video Games | GameGavel.com

I'm not sure it is worth $1,000+ like someone said but its definetly worth at least several hundreds

chris092052 is offline Very Common

I also have the Nintendo Cabinet. Mine came off of Ebay a couple years ago. I saw the one that was on there last year for $999. I don't think the guy ever sold it. Times are tough right now, prices on Ebay aren't what they use to be. I do alot of selling and buying both. If i were selling that cabinet i would list it with a reserve price. I got mine for $25, the seller had no reserve. He also ended it on Thanksgiving night. Ya, i know i stole it. Everyone was chillin after eating turkey, i was bidding on Ebay.
    Make sure you put it on Ioffer also. They had a NES cabinet on there last year, i haven't checked lately. A couple of the big online stores that sell Nes games, send them your pictures, one of them may buy it. I guess the hard part is what it is worth to YOU.
    Are you sure you want to sell it????? Mine will be passed down through the family someday, as a family heirloom. lol

lycanleopard is offline Very Common

I found this nintendo cart at a sale here in texas and I have been unable to find any information about it. It has never been opened. Any info would be much appreciated. I have found much information about the cart that has been previously posted, but as you can see, this one is different.

Thanks

Shot at 2011-04-02

Shot at 2011-04-02

soulman1980 is offline Very Common

I also have one of these from when I was a kid (the cabinet from the start of this thread). Just to confirm it was a legit Nintendo product at the time.

I'm tempted to sell it, but I also know how incredibly rare it is which makes me want to hang on to it.

Mine has some wear (the top is bubbled a bit from moisture), a back corner of one of the shelves has a small chunk out. The grey color has JUST started to yellow a bit in some areas.

It was awesome though! Cool to see ones in their original box, that is amazing!

Lucifina is offline Very Common

I have one that is very similar to this that I got when I was around 5. It's not in mint condition because it has some damage to the top, but that's it. Does any one know if people are interested in something like this?

Quote Originally Posted by brejcha View Post
    Hey guys and gals. I just came across this forum and post and want to tell you about my cabinet.

When the Nintendo Wii came out I was searching for a cabinet. My mom told me "Why not use the cabinet that's in the garage". I said what cabinet.

Well after digging around I find this un-opened Nintendo cart from 1989 and say "Hey this is cool"

Well I sold the Wii and was searching online to find out what this thing is worth.

I have a pretty perfect condition cabinet with original box and instructions!

Here are some pictures. I heard that someone sold one for a ton of money and I am looking to do the same hopefully.

And to end all debates....it is or was an official product by Nintendo.

markl is offline Very Common

brejcha: did you ever sell your cabinet on eBay?
    Does anyone have any further details on how much this is actually worth, or the details from prior eBay sales?

I own one of these, and it's actually being used as the table for my short artificial Christmas tree this year. I still remember when I was very young and saw this on display at KMart, and begged my parents to buy me one. I believe they ended up being out of stock at that time, but eventually KMart did get more in and my parents did buy me one. I don't think they were made for very long. I only saw them in the store as a kid for a few months, and the only store I ever saw them at was KMart. I always had a suspicion it could be rare someday, even though it was a mass produced item, because of the short availability and the fact most kids are pretty rough on their belongings. Mine is in very good condition, but not mint. I always took very good care of my belongings, but the wear-and-tear of over 20 years is tough to avoid. I *may* still have the box in my parents attic, perhaps I will go look for it when I go visit them for Christmas. Also interesting to note: mine does not have the red stripe on the fronts of the shelves, and I have red wireframe dividers on the bottom. I suspect these were either added or removed in a later revision.

SixStringGod is offline Very Common

Okay so i think the cart is real but the shelves have been replaced..because i have one..so Nintendo either made a couple different models or this ones been altered.Im taking pics of mine in just a min and will upload them for a reference.

Hey everyone,

So since moving down to Texas the cart is still up in Illinois in the same condition that I took the photos several years ago. I have yet to sell it and in the not so distant future I will probably bring it down to Texas and work on selling it on ebay from here or keep it.

Brejcha