+ Reply to Thread
    understand is offline Very Common

Default Pokemon gameboy...Silver? or... unsure

could anyone tell me what this is?

http://imgur.com/SrzBV

tekaotaku is offline Common

Default Re: Pokemon gameboy...Silver? or... unsure

Hi

While the label says "Pokemon Silver" the gamboy DMG code (DMG-APEE-USA) is for "Pokemon Blue". The proper DMG code for pokemon silver should be DMG-AAXE-USA/JP or DMG-AAXP-E(Europe)....

The quality of cart label looks like a pirate/copy. It isnt clear in your photo but does the cart have the "nintendo" logo across the top of the cart, and the obvious question should be what colour is the cart? It looks bog standard grey in the photo while pokemon silver should be a silver cart....

hope this helps a little

tekaotaku is offline Common

Default Re: Pokemon gameboy...Silver? or... unsure

Yep, just to confirm it for myself I found the USA version for sale on eBay UK

Pokemon Silver Version - Gameboy/Color/Advance | eBay

While the cart is a lighter shade of the original grey to make it look silver, you can see the artwork differs from your copy and the DMG code is present as DMG-AAXE-USA.....so unfortunately your copy appears to be a fake/Chinese clone, it isnt unheard of, I have a few Chinese fakes of GBA games (ninja copy, mario party advance) so its pretty common to find these....if you decide to sell it, I would recommend you point out this fact from the start, it may still provide interest as curio to collectors.

Hope this helps