+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tootsietoy car

bishop1582 is offline Very Common
    Blog Entries

Gear Tootsietoy car

I have a black and Gold toy Model T Ford car. Has red seats. Mint condition. Not in a box. Still in plastic holder case. Says on bottom of car... MODEL T FORD 1912
    TOOTSIETOY
    CHICAGO 24 U.S.A.
    I was just wondering if this is worth anything and if it is how much. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

vashe is offline Common

Default Re: Tootsietoy car

Its not super old. Cause of the plastic case it would probally be around the 60s. The super old tootsies are what collectors are really after and pay the good money for. But other then that your car is around the 15 to 20 dollar range.

goodss01 is offline Very Common

Default Re: Tootsietoy car

From what you described and consulting "Greenberg's Guide to Tootsietoy's," it sounds like you have the Tootsietoy #3101 1912 Ford Model "T" produced by Strombecker Corp between 1960 and 1962. If so, it was part of the "Classic Antique Series" and made to approximately 1/50th scale and is 3" in length. The book (published in 1993) indicated that models in this series range from $8 to $20 in value. A quick check of eBay shows this item range from about $10 to $30 without packaging and depending upon condition. There are also several versions of this model; I have seen a version with a black body with red interior, black body with yellow interior, and red body with red interior. It may not be a "valuable" piece but you should enjoy having it as part of your collection!