+ Reply to Thread
    Xaoslegend is offline Very Common

Default MTGO Heirloom Free PRE 10/03/10 (Sunday) 11AM PST

Next week's MTGO Heirloom tournament will be on 10/03/10(Sunday) at 11AM pacific standard time (LA, California, USA time).

This Thread is just to let people know the event is Sunday as opposed to the usual Saturday time. If you could take your comments and questions to the main thread that would great. The main thread is here: Whoops! Browser Settings Incompatible

A link to an explanation of the format is here: Heirloom Constructed | PureMTGO

A link to the Legal Card list is here: PureMTGO • View topic - Heirloom(Classic) Legal Card List

I still have some foil promo lands that were given to us by Our-Lord-Erman to give out as well as extra foils to choose from from Hoffe-the-Fin and an extra foil promo land from The-Slippery-B.I.G..

Depending on how things go I'd like to run one Sunday event for every two Saturday events. I sense atm that about twice as many people can't play on Sunday as on Saturday and so this seems like a good compromise to proportionately satisfy the Heirloom community. Thanks guys and feel free to comment about the new scheduling with suggestions, support or criticism. The event after that would be on 10/09/10 the following Saturday.

Join the chat channel by typing /join Heirloom in a chat channel on MTGO. (This is also the default channel for Heirloom chat in general)

Each Participant will recieve a relevant Heirloom foil(from a varied selection of your choice) for playing(at least three rounds). The winner will get 6 tix second place will recieve 4 tix and third and fourth 2 tix as well as more prizes to be awarded just for participation to be decided later. (These are minimum prize amounts, I may increase them, if I do I will let everyone know after the event begins or shortly beforehand)

The event is swiss, so you will play until the end of the event, a minimum of 3 rounds, but up to five.

I will be online at least a couple hours before to answer questions about legalities and whatever other details people have questions about.

I hope to see a ton of people there. The more show up the more I'll give away in prizes.

The tournament is free to enter.

(If you drop out of the event you forfeit your chance at the foil participation choice and whatever else I give out as participation awards that day)

You must have a deck that is Heirloom classic legal (60 cards minimum, 15 or zero sideboard cards).

If someone tells me you are playing with an illegal card and I confirm it you will first get a warning and then have 10 minutes to switch the card out of your deck and you will lose that game. The second time you will get a match loss and the third time you will be uninvited from the tournament.

If it appears you are flagrantly not following Heirloom rules I will reserve the right to uninvite you from the tournament at any time.

If you are particularly rude or insulting to other players I reserve the right to uninvite you from the tournament.

If you time out of a game because of 10 minutes of inactivity I reserve the right to uninvite you from the tournament.

If you are persistently stalling I reserve the right to uninvite you from the tournament.

If you are uninvited from the tournament you forfeit your right to a chance at the door prize (2 tix to one or more participant who did not win another prize chosen at random)

I cannot win or displace prizes if I play in the event. (which I will often do to make the event even so that there are no byes and not do if it would create an odd number) I will often jump into and back out of the event to prevent byes, my deck will remain the same througout an event of course.

Xaoslegend-
    My screename on MTGO is Xaoslegend, look me up for questions, comments , discussion or games any time.

Default Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE 10/03/10 (Sunday) 11AM PST

Hey everyone,

NeonWhite has developed an excel list of the Heirloom legal card list for us and so I just wanted to make everyone aware of the location to download it(http://www.archive.org/download/heir...mlistexcel.xls) It has all the cards for the set listed with card information next to them and hyperlinked to gatherer. You can also filter the list in many ways such as by creature type casting cost card type ect. It is a thing of beauty and diminishes even more the effort needed to play Heirloom with as much convenience as any other format.

Thanks again Neon,

X-

Default Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE 10/03/10 (Sunday) 11AM PST

My next puremtgo article is finally up, I talk about week one of the sealed league and the season finals of the constructed events =) Parallel Universe: Season "Zero" Finals | PureMTGO

X-