+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Planechase

E.Riggs is offline Common

Default Planechase

I recently completed my collection of the 40 planechase cards. While I've played some against my friends, was wondering what ya'll thought of 'em. Some, like sanctum of serra or lethe lake or the eon fog are evil to horrible while others like velis vel, naya, undercity reaches, llanowar are f'ing awesome.

Just wanna know what you think. Which're awesome, which blow, etc.

It's a nice bit o' flavor for me and I like what it adds to some games. Still, some, no.

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Re: Planechase

I love planechase. Yeah, some planes I hate to be stuck in (Lethe Lake and The Eon Fog mostly), but for the most part it's completely awesome.

For a fun format where you'll have some of the most chaotic and unpredictable games ever, try combining planechase with random pile (in which you get a huge stack of random cards and everyone plays off that stack as a shared library, along with a shared graveyard, playing any card face down as a land that can produce any colour).
    Fluttershy is best pony.

E.Riggs is offline Common

Hadn't thought 'bout doing that style with Planechase. That alone had plenty o' chaos for me. Not a bad idea though. Maybe when I get more cards I might throw that idea at my friends and see what they think.

NyghtShade is offline Common

That sounds like alot of Arix! Good use of all the extra cards I'm never doing anything with lol

Zidarose is offline Editor in Chief

Something my group of friends have done, to make increase the frequency and just general activity of the planes, is to use all the dice you accumulate over the course of picking up all the planechase decks. 4 dice gives you much better odds of something happening than just the one ever did.
    Finally, a new generation of Pokemon for us to enjoy. There is much to look forward to in 2011!

It certainly made the game move along smoother.