+ Reply to Thread
    seba1983 Guest

Default Christmas challange - are you up to it ???

christmas time ... everyone bussy ... but if your not try building a christmas theme deck on christmas. like at halloween i will give you a card you have to use. again you can win a special titel inthe forum. the diffrence this time is there are 4 silverborderd cards you're allowed to use. the first is the one you have to use and the others are the previous "happy holiday cards". if you do not know what they are, its part of the challange to find out but you don not have to use them if you dont want to. so here is the card you have to work with:

Season's Beating

post your creations here and twanos and i will judge them on coolness, strength of theme and inovative ways to actualy use the card you need to use.

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Re: Christmas challange - are you up to it ???

It was a scorching day outside, and the sun was burning in full force (Australian Christmases are hot, deal with it). Little Mikey Mogg was walking home from a long day at Fanatic School. He was very excited, because tomorrow was one of his favourite days of the year - Thinly-Veiled Religious Analogue Day That Totally Isn't Christmas Day!
    "Tomorrow will be the best Tevradittick Day ever!" Mikey thought aloud. For it was not only Tevradittick Day, but also the fifth anniversary of Mikey Mogg's arrival in his family! You see, Little Mikey Mogg was not like his other family. He had been adopted into his family of Kor after his parents left him on their doorstep with a note - "Please take care of our little goblinling. We can't be bothered."
    "Wow, that's a cool scythe, Uncle Shaman!" Little Mikey Mogg said.
    "Isn't it though?" Shaman replied, admiring the Scythe. "It was a gift from Robbie Wretched, from work."
    "But enough of our gifts," Aunt Lancers said. "Open your presents, Mikey!"
    Enthusiastically, Little Mikey Mogg tore into his first gift. He opened the box, and out popped...a strange white light! Mikey gazed at it, fascinated. "What's this?" he said.
    Papa Outrider smiled. "That's from me. It's an Indestructibility! The man at the store said it's all the rage these days."
    "Thanks, Papa Outrider!" Mikey said.
    Mama Nomads butted in. "Look out the window, Mikey. There's a gift from me, too!"
    Little Mikey Mogg looked out the window, and was amazed at what he saw.
    "His name's Sparky!" Mama continued. "I got him from the Spitemare Shelter."
    "Wow, just what I've always wanted!" Mikey yelled with glee.
    After settling down, he begun opening his third present, from Uncle Shaman and Aunt Lancers. He carefully tore apart the wrapping, broke the seal, and lifted the lid of the box...

*WHAM!*

When Little Mikey Mogg opened his eyes, he was flat on the floor, his parents, uncle and aunt smiling down at him. He grinned back up at them. "You guys are the best!"
    Uncle Shaman quickly responded by punching Mikey in the teeth. "Season's Beatings!"
    Creatures
    4 Mogg Maniac
    3 Outrider en-Kor
    4 Spitemare
    2 Lancers en-Kor
    3 Shaman en-Kor
    4 Nomads en-Kor

Spells
    4 Season's Beatings
    2 Scythe of the Wretched
    3 Indestructibility
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    3 Glory of Warfare
    1 Furnace of Rath

Lands
    4 Arid Mesa
    4 Sacred Foundry
    4 Rugged Prairie
    6 Mountain
    6 Plains
    For some reason, when I first saw Season's Beatings, one of my first thoughts was "Hey, targeting yourself". Cards like Mogg Fanatic and Spitemare fit that theme rather nicely. The problem, of course, is that the hits come at random, and there'd be no way to ensure hitting the Mogg or Mare. Thankfully though, the clan en-Kor are only too happy to help out. Just resolve their abilities a few hundred times before resolving Season's Beatings, and you'll ensure all the damage goes pointed in one of those directions.

Of course, neither the Mogg nor the Mare will last very long this way. Indestructibility is a nice way around that. Perhaps even nicer is Scythe of the Wretched - whack it on a creature, any creature, and when the Mogg or Mare are smacked around by it, it'll pop right back from the graveyard for another go.

Furnace of Rath makes a fun singleton, essentially sending quadruple the total power of your creatures into your opponent's face. Glory of Warfare also helps up the damage output. Swords to Plowshares is not only a staple and a great piece of removal, but it fits the Chrissy theme so well by giving your opponent the gift of life! You know, right before you give them the gift of a punch to the throat.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

seba1983 Guest

ahh now thats what i want to see

no stuffy doll though ? dolls - christmas come' on ^^

have a diffrent deck in the back of my head but the target yourself thought had crossed my mind ^^ very nice.

ok guys the stakes are high to top that so give it your best shot

Yeah, I considered Stuffy Doll, but in the end decided that I wasn't that cheesy.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

seba1983 Guest

ok seems like most people were not up to it ... i will close the competition midnight on the 24. german time (or when i get home from the party ^^).

My awesomeness obviously just intimidated the rest. They knew they couldn't top it, so they didn't bother trying ^.=.-
    Fluttershy is best pony.

seba1983 Guest

i actualy think that is correct in some part. your deck is very good. it has heart and soul especialy with that nice story. also it uses the card very well instead of just throwing it in randomly. unless someone came up with a deck that made super use of the card allongside goblin snow man you were fairly safe ^^

the other part to it i feel is that there are a lot of users on the board but not much of a comunity. they long on ask questions and that's it. to me a forum should be more than that ... apperantly im getting old and sentamental in this cold modern age ... /sad

D'awww.

And yeah, I've noticed that kind of happens here. I'd direct you to another Magic forum that is more community-y (it's a word look it up), but I'm not fond of getting into trouble for that kind of thing (assuming it's the kind of thing one would get into trouble for here).
    Fluttershy is best pony.

seba1983 Guest

dont worry this is not the only forum i follow. its the only one i am mod in at the moment but i do not "need" this forum. there are several users here that i'Ve come to like however so i would love to see a little more comunity-y like behaviour ... but then again may be most people here dont want that kind of thing ...

Well if you want more of a community, Gathering Magic is a good one. We do have a bit of a spambot problem, but they're always dealt with quick and sharp.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

seba1983 Guest

competition is now closed. the winner is arix ... hmm obviously.

yaaaaay
    Fluttershy is best pony.

seba1983 Guest

still discussin the special title you have won with twanos. i'll let you know what we come up with shortly.

seba1983 Guest

ok the title you would get now is "Merrymaker". if your ok with that title let me know and ill pass it on to the admins.

Sure, I don't see why not.
    Fluttershy is best pony.