+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deck Ideas

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

Default Deck Ideas

I use Elf Clamp for vintage, White Weanie for standard, and then a kitchen table deck for fun... thats it.

I'm looking for a new deck to use. I'm sick of playing with the same decks. I'm sure some other players feel the same way.

I really could use a new deck, but I don't like using the same decks that other local players use.

Help out! Please post any ideas you have for a deck, or any current deck themes you are using. Any Idea/ Theme will be good.

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Deck Ideas

I have alot on my mind about decks. Lately I've wanted to make some sort of control deck. I'm thinking control combo. Blue/Red.

Well, my current lineup is:

- BRG Reanimation
    - Monoblack Vamps
    - WUB Moonfolk
    - Monored Burn Control
    - WBG Elves
    - RG Cloudpost
    - UR Tron
    - WUBRG Slivers
    - WU CIP (Blink/Shard)
    - WG Ghazi Glare
    - WUBRG Trinket Mage Toolbox
    - BG Pauper Infect

Not sure any of those attracts you, but there it is.

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

Actually that is very helpful. Is there a brief description you can give for some of them?

- BRG Reanimation: uses discard in the form of Greenseeker, Fa'adiyah Seer, and Trespasser-il Vec to dump Stronghold Overseer (big, nigh-unblockable + Urborg, ToY), Spearbreaker Behemoth (creature protection), Charnelhoard Wurm (big, nasty recursion), and Sisters of Stone Death (creature rfg, etc.) into the gy for Dread Return or Vigor Mortis. Damnation for board sweeping.

- Monoblack Vamps: nothing special, uses Lacerator, Hexmage, Gatekeeper, Nighthawk, Mirri, and Soul Collector. Jitte and Quietus Spike make things nasty and Urge to Feed + Feast of Blood fill out my kill spells.

- WUB Moonfolk: Accel. with Prismatic lens and Dreamscape Artist into Soratami Savant, Meloku, Uyo, and Patron of the Moon. Swing with big flying dudes, token swarm, or sit back with Hedron Crab and mill for the win. Savant and Counterspell counter threats, Capsize and Oblivion Ring deal with board threats, and Grim Harvest grabs casualties.

- Monored Burn Control: 4 Magma Phoenix + 2 red Akroma, Gruul Signets + Seething Song for accel., and Lightning Bolt, Incinerate, Pyroclasm, Rift Bolt, and Disintegrate for burn. Browbeat for card draw/ more burn.

- WBG Elves: Llanowar, Scrib Ranger, Thornweald Archer, Wren's Run Vanquisher, Civic Wayfinder, Imperious Perfect, Chameleon Colossus and Baru, Fist of Krosa team up to beat face. Scrib Ranger + Baru = trample for all and untapping. Civic Wayfinder allows easy splash of Mortify and Putrefy to deal with creatures, artifacts and enchantments.

- RG Cloudpost: Set up Cloudposts for fun with Pentavus, Platinum Angel, Bosh, Mindslaver (lock w/Academy Ruins), and Fireball. Oblivion Stone and Moment's Peace stall.

- UR Tron: Set up Tron for a Fireball or two to the face (uncounterable w/Boseiju). Electrolyze and Volcanic hammer keep early creatures under control while Spell Burst locks down later threats. Nucklavee recycles burn spells and Spell Burst and works well with Kederekt Leviathan serving as mass bounce.

- WUBRG Slivers: Sidewinder Sliver, Sinew Sliver, Winged Sliver, Clot Sliver, Two-Headed Sliver, Gemhide Sliver, Muscle Sliver, Spined Sliver, Firewake Sliver, and Necrotic Sliver. Make them bigger, hard/painful to block, turn sideways for the win.

- WU CIP (Blink/Shard): Uses Momentary Blink and Crystal Shard to reuse abilities of Sage Owl, Aven Riftwatcher, Stonecloaker, Seht's Tiger, Venser (Shaper Savant), and Riftwing Cloudskate. Teferi, Dawn Charm, and Counterspell assist.

- WG Ghazi Glare: Budget ver. of Kamigawa/Rav. Glare decks. Uses Seedborn Muse to untap every turn, locks down opposing attackers/defenders with Glare of Subdual + mostly tokens from Guildmage and/or City Tree. Weatherseed Totem, Rhox, and Verdant Force serve as primary beaters.

- WUBRG Trinket Mage Toolbox: Built to kill permanent-based threats + gy. Trinket Mage fetches Sunbeam Spellbomb, Dispeller's Capsule, Aether Spellbomb, Nihil Spellbomb, Executioner's Capsule, Pyrite Spellbomb, Lifespark Spellbomb (to kill land), Mana Cylix, Skullclamp, and Viridian Longbow (strap on Tidehollow Strix).
    Uses Academy Ruins, Sanctuary Gargoyle, Myr Retriever, Thopter Foundry (mainly for sac outlet), and Skeleton Shard to recycle toolbox as needed.

- BG Pauper Infect: Infect commons + Bonesplitter/ Bladed Pinions/ Vamps Bite/ Giant Growth + turn sideways for the win.