Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Arix

Thread: Triple X cycle

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Triple X cycle

No, it's not as dirty as it sounds.

Bring to Light XXXWW
    Sorcery
    Each opponent chooses X nonland permanents he or she controls. Gain control of those permanents.

Grasp of Time XXX2U
    Sorcery
    Target player takes X extra turns after this one.

Midnight Curse XXXBB
    Sorcery
    Each opponent sacrifices X creatures, discards X cards, and loses X life. You gain life equal to the life lost this way.

Dragon's Dawn XXX2R
    Sorcery
    Put X 5/5 red Dragon creature tokens with flying onto the battlefield. Dragon's Dawn deals X damage to each non-Dragon creature.

Titanic Summonings XXX2GG
    Sorcery
    Search your library for up to X creature cards and put them onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

DatAsh is offline Rare

Default Re: Triple X cycle

Hmm... to me the blue one seems a tad overcosted. 6 mana for 1 turn, 9 mana for 2. Might as well use Time Stretch and Time Warp. I do like the other ones a lot, though.

Wait...it's overcosted compared to Time Stretch, even though it costs 1 less for the same effect? How does that work?

Besides, X spells are meant to be overcosted to make up for the added versatility. Compare Blaze to Shock, Stream of Life to Sacred Nectar, Mind Spring to Divination.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

DatAsh is offline Rare

Oh I miscounted, sorry. The triple X cost threw me off my math game. I'd totally play these in limited and EDH

I kind of preferred the original versions, where they were all XXXXCC. But with four X's, the majority of the time it was essentially just a kicker - you either play it for one or two.
    Fluttershy is best pony.