+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Twanos

Thread: curse of oblivion question rulings from innistrad

Mintek is offline Uncommon

Default curse of oblivion question rulings from innistrad

1) If someone put a curse of oblivion on me and its the beginning of the upkeep and I have less then 2 cards in my graveyards do I lose?

2) if someone put curse of oblivion on me and Curse of the Bloody Tome at the same time can I exile for Oblivion the two cards from Bloody Tome?

Twanos is offline Master Mason

Default Re: curse of oblivion question rulings from innistrad

1) You never lose for having no cards in your graveyard. For that matter you don't lose for having no cards in your library either. You lose if you have no cards in your library when you need to draw a card.

2) If both curses are on you the they will both trigger at the beginning of your upkeep. It will then be a matter of which one is chosen to be placed first on the stack and which will be placed on second, remembering that they will resolve in reverse (last in, first out) order.

So if Tome is put on the stack first then Oblivion... You will remove 2 cards from your crave but since there are none there in this example it basically does nothing. Then the Tome will take it's turn putting the 2 cards in your graveyard where they will stay....

If Oblivion is put on the stack first and Tome after... Tome will go first putting 2 cards in your grave then oblivion will go next and remove the 2 cards from the game.

As with many things in Magic it's all a matter of timing.

Arix is offline Merrymaker

To clarify on your second question, the controller of the Curses chooses the order they go on the stack.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Mintek is offline Uncommon

well then if thats the case then can I just move the two cards straight from my hand to exile bypassing the graveyard (in case for example other player has a card such as Compost)?

Arix is offline Merrymaker

No.
    Fluttershy is best pony.