+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By zwami
  • 1 Post By girrthedog

Thread: questions about mind control... thingies~ yarr

zwami is offline Very Common

Default questions about mind control... thingies~ yarr

yarr, me and my friends just started playing with mtg just few weeks ago and there has been some technical problems with some specific rules, such as mind control i just read that mind control doesnt take control of the attachments on the creature is this true? does this apply on enslave from new phyrexia as well? what about memnarch from uhh... darksteel?? does that apply to every other take control of target creature that doesnt specify taking control of attachments? if there is one

the main reason i came here to ask was that where does the mind controlled creature go after it has been killed? to the current controllers graveyard or the original controllers graveyard?

since today earlier i was playing with my friend and he took my phyrexian obliterator with his mind control and i casted Go for the Throat (destroy target nonartifact creature) on the the obliterator and after that we always just give the card back to our own graveyard because it has never been questioned before and i casted Morbid Plunder to return it back to my hand and my friend /sad-faced really hard so he quit

i couldn't find earlier posts about my problem so i made this, either there isn't one or my googling experience is not as good as i thought =)

Rocket is offline The Hallowed

Default Re: questions about mind control... thingies~ yarr

when you cast mind control or enslave on a creature you gain control of the creature, but not of any enchantments/equipment on it. However, the creature will still be affected by that enchantment or equipment. if creature dies it will go to its owners graveyard (owner is the original person who started the game with that creature)

in case of enslave, it says owner so it will always deal the one damage only to original owner

zwami is offline Very Common

Hmm so the equipment and enchantment stay on the creature but can i pay the unequip to take my equipments off from the creature?

Rocket is offline The Hallowed

yeah if someone takes control of your creature you are still in control of the equipment and can unequip

girrthedog is offline Common

Also if he was going to mind control it you would "in response" cast Go for the Throat there for he never would have taken control of it for it to go to his graveyard, if it could, and since he was playing Blue he should have Canceled or mana leak Go for the Throat, Just a tip for him.

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Keep in mind that a card can never be in a hand, gravaeyard, or library of anyone other than its owner. If it would go to someone else's zone, it goes to its owner's corresponding zone instead.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

stevie is offline Uncommon

does that mean youre not allowed to borrow and use cards from friend cuz sometimes i do that is that illegal

Jake1991 is offline Scarce

Quote Originally Posted by stevie View Post
    does that mean youre not allowed to borrow and use cards from friend cuz sometimes i do that is that illegal
    A card's owner, as far as the game rules are concerned, is the player who started the game with it in his/her deck. No worries.