+ Reply to Thread
    Akarian is offline Common

Default Blocking with multiple creatures

If i were to be blocked by 5 2/2 creatures when my creature is a 10/10 non trample would all two twos die? If it were trample would all creatures die?

TauntingElf is offline Uncommon

Default Re: Blocking with multiple creatures

Yeah all 2/2s and the 10/10 would die regardless of trample

I don't understand that. Damage of a single creature can't be seperated. Now lets say that with those two twos i played a spell that deals six damage to the 10/10 would all the 2/2's die still?

klicker is offline Super Moderator

There are the M10 rules changes to combat which take effect 11 July, but according to both the old rules and new rules all creatures would die.

Old rules: The attacker splits the damage how he wants. So you have 10 damage to assign, and 5 2/2 creatures blocking you. You could assign all 10 to 1 creature (and the others will live) but you will probably assign 2 damage to each creature and they die all. The 10/10 also dies since he took 10 damage.

New rules: You decide what order you going to attack those creatures (creature #1, Creature #2, Creature #3, Creature #4, Creature #5)

Once you assign lethal damage (which is 2) to Creature #1, only then you can move on to creature #2, assign 2 damage to him, and so on until all are dead. So you can no longer split your damage the way you want, but you assign damage in the order you chose and can only assign damage to next creature once previous creature has taken lethal damage

hope this is clear

Thank you thats what I needed to know lol.