+ Reply to Thread
    klicker is offline Super Moderator

Default Are repacks worth it?

I was thinking of buying some MTG repacks on ebay. Is it worth it? Does anyone here have positive/negative experience with buying Magic: The Gathering repacks?

octo is offline Uncommon

I've bought some of those, and have had some mixed experiences. On a few occasions I would get some nice cards, and on other occasions the cards I got were completely worthless. I never got a power 9 such as Black Lotus or Mox Pearl or Ancestral Recall out of those repacks.

My suggestions:
    -Check the feedback of the seller you are buying from to see if others were satisfied from the repacks
    -Don't always believe sellers when they say they put power 9 in the repacks. It might be true but theres usually no way to know (unless you pull one yourself )

And the most important thing:
    Don't buy repacks for profit or in hopes or pulling a power 9. If you buy them, buy them for fun, maybe to get a few useful rares. But don't get your hopes too high

taran22 is offline Uncommon

I agree with Octo. Don't expect much out of them, buy only from reputable sellers, check feedback and so on.

I myself have bought a few repacks but never got anything good (but then I really never expected anything good in the first place, so I wasn't terribly disappointed)