+ Reply to Thread
    Confused61 is offline Very Common

Default Lightning Greaves and Global Creature Abilities

I created an account to post here because it seems you get good responses on this website. My friends and I were having a good game of magic when it started to get a bit heated. My friend played the card Linvala, Keeper of Silence. The other friend then attached a Lightning Grieves artifact to one of his creatures that had an ability that could be activated with tapping into his mana pool. Would Linvalas ability to negate all other creatures ability be negated by Lightning Greaves? Thank you for the responses.

Mana is offline Uncommon

Default Re: Lightning Greaves and Global Creature Abilities

not 100% sure what you are asking... I think you may be asking: Does giving shroud to a creature make him immune to Linvalas? then the answer is no

Linvala, Keeper of Silence prevents activated abilities of opponents from being activated. There is no interaction with lightning greaves. Lightning greaves gives a creature haste and shroud, but the shroud will not help against Linvala since her ability doesnt target. If the creature equipped with the greaves has an activated ability, it still cannot be activated regardless of the shroud.

Confused61 is offline Very Common

Default Re: Lightning Greaves and Global Creature Abilities

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    not 100% sure what you are asking... I think you may be asking: Does giving shroud to a creature make him immune to Linvalas? then the answer is no

Linvala, Keeper of Silence prevents activated abilities of opponents from being activated. There is no interaction with lightning greaves. Lightning greaves gives a creature haste and shroud, but the shroud will not help against Linvala since her ability doesnt target. If the creature equipped with the greaves has an activated ability, it still cannot be activated regardless of the shroud.
    Thanks for the reply. My friend was upset and is very stubborn so I'm glad to get a third party perspective on it.