+ Reply to Thread
    Togepi is offline Uncommon

Default What booster does black lotus come in?

What booster does black lotus come in?

seba1983 Guest

Default Re: What booster does black lotus come in?

alpha, beta, unlimited. why do you ask ? these boosteres are soo expensive that buying them would only make any sense if your a hardcore collector or want to play vintage ...

Default Re: What boosters does black lotus come in?

how much does booster with black lotus cost

Tauren is offline Uncommon

very expensive

or i can trade i got lotus cobra ball lightning mophling

seba1983 Guest

seriously ... *lol* (not laughing at you personaly but at the idea of that trade. i suppose you dont know the values of the cards but when one does its hilarious)

cobra + morphling + ball lightning are no more than 50$ and that priceing them very very high already ... more than anyone would give fro them.

the cheapest black lotus you can get is at abour 700$

even if you pile up small rares that are worth a black lotus combined no player will give you a lotus for them. as a player you dont like breaking big rares into lots of small ones usually. especialy when the big rare is lotus.

a card trader would probably give you a black lotus for about 800-900$ of top standard rares because he can sell them quicker.

but your looking at something like 60 fetchlands for one lotus.

can you tell me why you want a lotus ? there realy is no point IMHO ...

CuZ I heard it'S broken

seba1983 Guest

so ? yes its broken but so are many other cards ... is it worth 700-2000$ to you? if you try to go for the most broken cards in casual people will not want to play you anymore at some point. sure you can easiely pull of a turn 1 kill with lotus and the right cards but remember that no one but you will enjoy that.

if your going for tournament play thats a whole diffrent story. in that case you can only play the lotus in vintage. your regular vintage deck costs you about 3000-5000$+. if you dont want to or cant invest that much money into 60+15 pieces of cardboard there realy is no point in a black lotus.

also black lotus alone does not win games. it gieves you 3 extra mana. sure that is very broken but without a good deck arround that it wont help. i know someone who owns a full power 9 and plays it in casual. no one minds because the decks he plays with the power 9 cards are realy week theme deck. befor lorwin he played faeries (he disemble the decks when faeries suddenly became good). now he playes elephants or turtles. seriously if someone uses a lotus to play a turn 1 creature that is 2/2 trampe banding no one will mind. you dont need a lotus for that though. you could just leave out the lotus and play better cards in general.

if you play high power cards in conjunction with the lotus casual players will stop playing with you. if you play realy low power cards with lotus you could just save yourself the money and play without lotus but better cards. if you want a broken card for tournament play you need a lot more than a lotus so unless you want to spend big and play vintage, just forget about the lotus.

also i dont think vintage would be a good fit for you. it is the most compley format there is. games usualy only last 3 turns but those turns take as long as 8-15 tunrns in standard. more cards played more difficult choices to make because if you go wrong it may very well be your last ...

let me ask you a diffrent question: why do you want to own a broken card ? to what end ?

perhaps i can give you some advice on alternatives that are also realy broken but affordable. or may be even something that is not broken but will be a lot more fun for you.

Arix is offline Merrymaker

If you're lucky - and I nean reeeeaaaally lucky, it's possible to open one in a pack of Zendikar. However, only one in every 720 boosters or so contains a "treasure", and from memory there's 90 or so treasures available - which means one in every 64,800 packs or so should contain a Lotus.

Good luck with that.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Well I stil want a black lotus

Arix is offline Merrymaker

A lot of us do, but chances are it just ain't gonna happen. Unless you're willing to shell out the thousands to buy a single one online from somewhere.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

seba1983 Guest

and thats only if the zen pack is from the first print run wich has officialy sold out ...

ok apparently your fixated on owning a black lotus. in that case i can not help you. all i can do is wish you good luck obtaining one and tell you once again that in my oppinion you'd be wasting at least 700$ probably more. there is no way you can get a black lotus any cheaper than that ... end of story ...

K I'll buy a zendikar booster tmorow

seba1983 Guest

i will bet with you that you will not find a lotus ... over 99% of all zen boosters you can buy are not 1st print run any more. even if it is your spending arround 100$ on a 64.000 to 1 chance ? why ??? i just dont get it ? if you realy cant live without owning a black lotus (biologicaly unlikely) just buy it from some store. sure 700$ > 100$ but the 100$ wont get you the lotus trust me ...

I ment 1 booster pack it's less tehn 5 bucks

seba1983 Guest

if you want to buy 1 booster zen for the content of a zen booster fair enough ... if you want to buy it actualy beliveing you will pull a black lotus ... then i dont know what to say ... chances that someone just gives you 50$ for no reason on your way there are higher ...

i started playing magic in 1996. that was just over 2 years after black lotus was still in print. even at that time it was next to impossible to obtain one if you did not spend big for it. 13 years later has not made it easier ... the price has just gone up from 300$ to 700$ ... that all ...

Urza is offline Uncommon

If you have 5 bucks you can get a Blacker Lotus it's almost the same as a black lotus... only blacker

Twanos is offline Master Mason

Let's put this in perspective.

A Magic card weighs .064 ounces. Gold is sold in troy ounces so lets convert that over .064 * .912 = .058. So a magic card weighs .058 troy ounces.

As of market close on Friday gold is selling for $1115.27 per troy ounce. So .058 troy ounce will cost you $64.69.

A played unlimited black lotus, which is the cheapest one you can get, goes for $800. That means you are paying a 1250% premium over the price of GOLD.

So word to the wise, forget getting a black lotus and just buy gold instead. You'll thank me later.

Kappu1 is offline Scarce

LOL Twanos....... that just made my day man.

seba1983 Guest

very well spoken. i can understand why people invest in gold but in black lotie ... beyond me ...