Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: After mirrodin besieged?

Default Re: After mirrodin besieged?

Ok for one, arguing with the Statement that Karn is at a different power level then Planeswalker. It doesn't matter, all they have to do is through the Mirari? Right? Hope I spelled it right... I they have to do is throw it into the core for it to maybe revert back into Memnarch.
    Karn reshaped the Mirari from a power-warping world probe (see Odyssey block) into Memnarch. Tossing the Mirari into the core would just make it float around due to wonky gravity or hand it to the Phyrexians who are doing their thing there.

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Quote Originally Posted by SovereignZechs
    Also look. Everyone complains about control decks like Arix, but Control always makes a staple deck.
    ...which has what to do with what?

Poison/Infect is just a Glorified wither with hey. I hit you 10 times you lose.
    Exactly the problem.

Cards like Phyrexian Crusader are absolutly Awesome. I have to love him.
    Good for you. I hate him to no end. He's so very very very very very very VERY boring. All he does is increase infect's power while doing nothing to change the fact that the mechanic is the most boring and pointless thing ever to come out of Wizards.

To hate Skithirx, is blasphamy. It's a dragon. It's a zombie.... it's an Undead Dragon Zombie. It's beast with its ablities too.
    My problem with Skithiryx (aside from my burning hatred for infect) is more of disappointment. He just has so much potential. "Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon". That is a kick-arse name. The art is absolutely amazing. The potential flavour is incredible. So...what do they make out of all this potential? A dude with some random keywords thrown on. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against "creature with keywords" as a design tool, but there's nothing mythic, or legendary, or memorable about it. So much incredible potential, entirely wasted on such a boring card.

And then, of course, there's infect.

I don't know who you play with, but the infect mechanic is awesome. Alot of the creatures aren't that big, plus you have to get them to 10 poison counters before your shit starts getting killed fast. With so much board wipe? Plus with Zendikars block still in effect, it makes for a bright new mechanic improving on Wither, and The Viral slivers poison damage.
    ...what's your point?

Bottom line my opinion is the Infect deck is fun. It shuts some decks down, but is easily beaten at times as well. It's balanced and perfect for new players. Plus to make an extended deck with Necroskitter and Blowfly Infestation? mmmmmhmm.. gotta love it.
    And my opinion is it's the worst thing in the history of Magic and I dearly dearly hope this is the last we ever see of this pathetic excuse for a mechanic. Oh, and since you seem to be a bit mistaken here, let me clear something up - my problem with it isn't that it's too powerful or unbeatable. Just that it's a horribly designed mechanic that makes for incredibly boring, unfun decks. If the mechanic was a good idea in theory, I could accept it being unfun. If it was fun to play, I could accept it being a bad idea. But it's both a bad idea and not fun to play, with or against.

Infect isn't a mechanic. It's glorified tribal.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SovereignZechs View Post
    Poison/Infect is just a Glorified wither with hey. I hit you 10 times you lose.
    You're slightly wrong... I deal ten damage with an infect creature and you lose. Thats it. Could be one turn... could be ten.

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

I forgot to mention that this fact makes the term more boring... But I'm sure that was implied. Seriously... it's like... THE NEW RULE OF MTG IS START AT 10 AND IF YOU LOSE 10 LIFE YOU LOSE THE GAME!

Tobolococo is offline Common

i have to agree with Arix and Void Elemental, Infect really is a: oponent starts the game with 10 life rule, its not really creative in any way, if wither didnt existed before, i'd say that would be a good Infect ability.

I tried to play it since i love phyrexians but its just not fun, you are forced to play overcosted cards, plus have no real 1 drop (Vector asp is horrible beyond imagination) and you are basicly runing a weak tribe (in disguise) with the cheap excuse of "i only have to deal half as much" or "my guys have wither", granted, cards like Phyrexian Vatmother, Phyrexian Crusader and Skithryx are good, but there's not a single card costing less than 3 mana thats cost-effective in an infect deck, and you rely on what ? pump ?, nah i'd rather play UW control or Caw-go.

As much as i love Skittles and the awesome name Skittles, i dont think infect was the right thing to do.

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

Lately it has come to my attention that a lot of players that favor infect (obviously not Arix) have been hoping for New Phyrexia. Other than that there are clues on the net that lead people to believe that new phyrexia is the next set.

The clues I've heard are...
    -INFECT IS POPULAR (not that I like it)
    -The picture floating around of the pre-constructed decks show a problem with the Mirrodin Pure boxes which ABSOLUTELY means that the next set is new phyrexia. (stupid reasoning but still... just a theory, not fact)
    -The Mirrodin Pure web site is having problems and the New Phyrexia site requires a password. WotC MUST be working on New Phyrexia... they must have trashed Mirrodin Pure. (Once again, doesn't mean a thing yet)

So here I am, browsing forums looking for a clues that make us think the next set could be Mirrodin Pure. Anyone find anything?

None of those reasons are very strong.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

droxjan is offline Very Common

Now whats wrong with the Mirran Decks? i cannt see any thing wrong with them? but on the Phrexia Booster box, the sides where not finished on the pic.

Tobolococo is offline Common

Lately it has come to my attention that a lot of players that favor infect (obviously not Arix) have been hoping for New Phyrexia
    i dont favor infect at all but i do think the new set will be new phyrexia, time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Chodie View Post
    -INFECT IS POPULAR (not that I like it)
    This depends on what exactly you mean by popular. By MaRo's on admission, a lot of people like it, but those that don't absolutely hate it with a passion. Besides, either way, this doesn't matter - the set would have been finalised long, long before Wizards got any player feedback about infect.
    -The picture floating around of the pre-constructed decks show a problem with the Mirrodin Pure boxes which ABSOLUTELY means that the next set is new phyrexia. (stupid reasoning but still... just a theory, not fact)
    ...mind pointing out this problem? Cause I don't see it.
    -The Mirrodin Pure web site is having problems and the New Phyrexia site requires a password. WotC MUST be working on New Phyrexia... they must have trashed Mirrodin Pure. (Once again, doesn't mean a thing yet)
    What makes anyone think that the error with the Mirrodin Pure site is anything other than, well, an error?

So here I am, browsing forums looking for a clues that make us think the next set could be Mirrodin Pure. Anyone find anything?
    Why yes, I listed a whole bunch a while ago.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

It's not really that infect is popular but the people that like it really don't want it to go because they're wusses and rely on it.

Secondly, the picture... I didn't see any problem either but on MTG salvation someone zoomed in and pointed out something that didn't make sense to me. Like... The colors combination is wrong... The Mirrodin Pure boxes look bad.

I don't know anything about their web page and it's errors... if any... But all of these people are jumping to conclusions and kinda just finding reasons why New phyrexia is next.

Now I know you have reasons... but most of them were things like... It's easier for WotC. Because infect is boring. People like Mirrodin. I'm not sure what else... I'm too lazy to grab more info...

I think it would be pretty cool (for the storyline) if phyrexians took over several planes (not that I like them personally), then Karn (Climax point) pulls his crap together and kicks butt.

First of all arix, I love the giant half a page hatemail.... very sporting. I mean honestly, how many times can you stick "your point" into a paragraph. You forget that this is an opinion based forumn. I love infect. You don't. Basically anyone who says they like it is going to be brutally attacked, raped, and have their ancestors as well as desendendents ruined and drug through the mud. Got it. We know your obviously skewed way of seeing things. Again. Infect though gaining strength is really easily dealt with, and ia one of the many and I say many deck types in t2. So please feel free to use your blue white control, or burn. Or eldrazi, or,artifact or even your goblin deck against it. Or suck on your baby bin and call it a day, what do ya say? Anyway. Go infect.

Also. Infect is not tribal. Even tough hand of preators gives others a 1/1 boost it Isn't. Also arix if u think it isn't fun then don't play it. The people who do think it is will. Also whomever said people play infect because they depend on it? You are sadly mistaken. I play 11 different decks. I play infect because, I chose infect as my reason to return to standard because I played wither, and I thought to myself that I would use my mono color neg counter exp, would give me an edge. When infect first released I looked at it and thought it wasn't worth it. Green, and black? Naw, go red black. So I waited to see what besieged would bring and with the coming of crusader, black sun zenith, and that one cost infect spell. I was sold. Everything else was already being played. Mono black infect, now that was for me. Just my opinion of course.

Sovereign, I'm not even going to bother responding to that. That kind of behaviour is not acceptable - consider yourself officially warned.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Excuse me if I may sir. You have been completely unprofessional since this thread began. You can bring up a case that I was rude on my one post, but then look at yours. I have no problem going to your superiors and presenting my case against you. You have attacked anyone's thoughts on infect or any topic that you flat out disagree with, and when someone stands up to you, you threaten to abuse your power? Sir again we can do this if you want but what you see is what you get with me. My right to free speech gives me the right to say what I want as long as I am civil. Which you sir have not established with your post. I question your ability to fairly be a moderator and if you so threaten me again for having an opinion, I will gladly speek to whomever it concerns about possible moral violations.o

1. I haven't "attacked" anyone's thoughts at all - any "attacking" I've done has been entirely tongue-in-cheek. I thought that was obvious, and given that you're the first person who seems to actually have had a problem with it, I'm pretty sure people agree.
    2. You claim to have been civil, even though earlier in the post you admit to being rude?
    3. You can't throw "right to free speech" in my face as an excuse to mouth off and act so rudely. Things don't work that way.
    4. You could "go to my superiors" if you so desire, but I doubt you'll get anything out of it. Or you can just accept that you did something wrong and move on, and we'll all be better off for it.

If you wish to continue discussing this, do it through PMs, cause I don't want to be spamming this place all up.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

I SAID, no more posting about this in here. If you want to discuss further, take it to PMs. Furthermore, don't edit out modtext unless you want to get in even more trouble.
    -Arix
    Last edited by Arix; 03-24-2011 at 06:13 PM.

NO MORE POSTING ABOUT THIS ON THIS THREAD. I'm more than willing to discuss further through PM, but not here.
    -Arix
    Last edited by Arix; 03-24-2011 at 07:17 PM.

Now back to this topic before I get banned. I thought karn left the mirari under the watch of solbad, geth, and glissa. If that is the case the phyrexians already have it. Plus if they have karn, they could use him to rebuild memnarch. If that happend and memnarch continued his crusade against mycosynth, the oil, it would make for a fun fight don't ya think?

I could see it happening, but honestly, I think the winner will revolve more around Karn than the Mirari or Memnarch. Plus I'd kind of prefer it if they left the universal Magic MacGuffin alone.

Also, Wizards said somewhere that red will play a huge role in deciding the outcome. The Mirran side's red is a lot stronger than the Phyrexian's - red contains some of Mirran's greatest heroes and strongest magic and holdouts, whereas the red Phyrexian Praetor is rebellious and red Phyrexia in general doesn't really know what to do with itself. That's another strong point in favour of Mirrodin Pure.
    Fluttershy is best pony.