Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Custom cards

kip
    kip is offline Scarce

Default Re: Custom magic cards

cool flavor text on dwarf zombie sounds evil

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Re: Custom magic cards

Ooh, here's a fun experiment. Out of the many, many people I've showed this to, only one person has ever "gotten" it. Enjoy:

No, there's no typos or errors with the text. It says exactly what I want it to say.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Swamp is offline Uncommon

Default Re: Custom cards

Whats the point of that card?

sonicshield is offline Scarce

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    Whats the point of that card?
    Maybe for creatures that get something whenever they become target of a spell or ability, such as Angelic Protector

seba1983 Guest

ok first things first.

where did you get the artwork ? like woa cool

nice expansion symbol also, i like it.

where is the flavour text ? only 2 lines of cardtext and no flavor text no way ^^

---------------

ok now to the card.

gaining control does not let the creature "reenter" play so you cant use it to trigger comes into play effect, reload counters, reset comulative upkeep, remove enchantments on it etc. also since it is not a new instance of the same cards you can not dodge targeting etc.

so what can you do ? well actualy just what it says gain control of a creature you control.

is that useful in any situation. no. realy ? actualy there are cornercased situation you could even build your deck arround to turn this card into something useful.

gain control effect that can end. ray of command or mind harness for example. or the card i would build the deck arround verdalken shackles.

thats all i can think of overriding a non-permanent gain control effect with a permanent one. is there more you can do with it ? if yes tell me per pm plz i want to see if someone figures it out ^^

Arix is offline Merrymaker

where did you get the artwork ? like woa cool
    Most of my art comes from Epilogue.

nice expansion symbol also, i like it.
    Really? That's one of my least favourite ones I've made. Oh well, glad you like it.

where is the flavour text ? only 2 lines of cardtext and no flavor text no way ^^
    Well, I kind of royally suck at flavour text, so...yeah.

gain control effect that can end. ray of command or mind harness for example. or the card i would build the deck arround verdalken shackles.
    Bingo - that's exactly what it's for. If you Threaten a creature to gain control of it until end of turn, then use this, you'll have the creature permanently.
    Fluttershy is best pony.