+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Regenerate.

Akarian is offline Common

Default Regenerate.

Alright, question about regenerate.

I've heard many different ways regenerate works, just want conformation.

Once scenario is, regenerate creature, all auras attatched go do the grave yard.
    (Basically saying the creature leaves play then returns)

Another is, (which i believe is correct) When a creature dies, or would be killed, can't regenerate a creature that was sacced or a creature who's power was reduced to 0. But, regenerate works as if a lets say "token" replaced my actual...Kazandu Blademaster? and took the kill effect upon itsself. So, my creature never left play.

Kev
    Kev is offline Uncommon

Default Re: Regenerate.

Regenerate replaces the destroy effect (see rules below). So the creature never hits the graveyard and enchantments stay.

701.11. Regenerate

701.11a If the effect of a resolving spell or ability regenerates a permanent, it creates a replacement effect that protects the permanent the next time it would be destroyed this turn. In this case, “Regenerate [permanent]” means “The next time [permanent] would be destroyed this turn, instead remove all damage marked on it and tap it. If it’s an attacking or blocking creature, remove it from combat.”

701.11b If the effect of a static ability regenerates a permanent, it replaces destruction with an alternate effect each time that permanent would be destroyed. In this case, “Regenerate [permanent]” means “Instead remove all damage marked on [permanent] and tap it. If it’s an attacking or blocking creature, remove it from combat.”

701.11c Neither activating an ability that creates a regeneration shield nor casting a spell that creates a regeneration shield is the same as regenerating a permanent. Effects that say that a permanent can’t be regenerated don’t prevent such abilities from being activated or such spells from being cast; rather, they prevent regeneration shields from having any effect.

seba1983 Guest

also regenrate will not work when the toughness is reduce to 0 not the power. reducing a creatures power will not kill it.

Akarian is offline Common

Quote Originally Posted by seba1983 View Post
    also regenrate will not work when the toughness is reduce to 0 not the power. reducing a creatures power will not kill it.
    Meant toughness, my bad:-P

seba1983 Guest

no prob just need to make sure people who dont know it any better dont take up wrong information because of typos thats all