View Poll Results: Should these type of cards get commons ?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wrath effects

1 50.00%
  • Man-lands

0 0%
  • Gamealtering echantments / artifacts

0 0%
  • 187-removal creature

0 0%
  • Big mana spells / creatures

0 0%
  • Non-basics with non mana effects

0 0%
  • All of the above

1 50.00%
  • Non of the abouve

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
    seba1983 Guest

Default type of cards i want to see as commons

i posted a thread introducing pauper. a format where you play only with commons. end of this month our lokal pauper liga will start. you'd be suprised what decks can be made off commons only. alsmost everything in fact. just some minor things are out of the question due to the common limitation. here are the things you'll find missing the most:

real sweepers - yes you have crypt rats but thats not entirely the same. a wrath of good like effect even for something like 5 or even 6 mana would be nice.

man lands - controls favourit creatures are lands. not in pauper however, because you dont have any.

game altering enchantments / artifact - powerful enchantments and artifacts have often formed the basis of both casual and competetiv decks. in pauper the only thing you have is Tortured Existence. nothing like oversold cemetary, oath of druids, yawgmoth agande, solidary confinment, opposition, painter's servant or winter orb etc.

creatures that have a come into play removal on them - necrataal, boneshredder, shriekmaw ... they're all uncommon

big mana stuff - you have fireball effects. but apart from that there is nothing realy nothing to use exhume with nothing to play ramp with ... stuff liek akroma, big dragons or high casting cost spells like sway of the stars or tooth and nail are not avalible

non-basic lands - yes there are a couple and most of them are being used. non of them do anything other than mana. no wasteland, no tabernacle, no maze etc.

apart from that you have access to just about everything you could ask for. card draw, discard, removal, utility creatures, agro weenys, fantastic burn, mana rituals etc.

what do you think ? should card like these see some common slots ?
    Last edited by seba1983; 10-11-2009 at 04:09 AM.

Josh is offline Very Rare

Default Re: type of cards i want to see as commons

Don't have that much experience with that format, but isnt the point of it to have those limitations? I mean if commons had all those cards then its just the same as being able to build deck with rares

Though I would want to see some more real sweepers as commons

seba1983 Guest

Default Re: type of cards i want to see as commons

ture. im just a little sad that some areas of the game are not at all covered by commons where as the solutions are all there in commons. take enchantments / artifacts for instance. almost all disenchant effects are common but there is nothing apart from armadillo cloak may be that you would need it for.

also if anyone knows if i can read the offical policy on this toppic (why certain types of effects never appear on commons even in infirior versions) plz post me the link.