+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DatAsh

Thread: can i regenerate a creature that i'm sacrificing?

Gonna is offline Common

Default can i regenerate a creature that i'm sacrificing?

is it ok for me to regenerate a creature that i'm sacrificing?

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Re: can i regenerate a creature that i'm sacrificing?

No. You can only regenerate a creature that's being destroyed.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

DatAsh is offline Rare

Default Re: can i regenerate a creature that i'm sacrificing?

Regenerate's reminder text:
    The next time that creature would be destroyed this turn, it isn't. Instead tap it, remove all damage from it, and remove it from combat.
    See how it specifies destroy?

701.6b The only ways a permanent can be destroyed are as a result of an effect that uses the word "destroy" or as a result of the state-based actions that check for lethal damage (see rule 704.5g) or damage from a source with deathtouch (see rule 704.5h). If a permanent is put into its owner’s graveyard for any other reason, it hasn’t been "destroyed."
    Edit: This might also clarify further for you.

701.14a To sacrifice a permanent, its controller moves it from the battlefield directly to its owner’s graveyard. A player can’t sacrifice something that isn’t a permanent, or something that’s a permanent he or she doesn’t control. Sacrificing a permanent doesn’t destroy it, so regeneration or other effects that replace destruction can’t affect this action.