+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jackienopay is offline Very Common

Default Considering selling my 1990 Nintendo World Championship Grey cartridge

Hello all. I was the Philadelphia/Valley Forge winner of the 1990 Nintendo World Championships. I recently cleaned out my mother's attic and found the game given to me and all the other finalists and I'm considering selling it. I have a lot of other stuff from the championships as well (like a trophy, plaque, etc.)

The condition is pretty perfect, a little dirty maybe, but it wipes right off with a finger. The label is not pealing. I don't have an NES but I assume that it works (it was in one of those game sleeves that all the games used to come in.)

kangaroo is offline Uncommon

Default Re: Considering selling my 1990 Nintendo World Championship Grey cartridge

How much are you looking to sell it for? You got pictures?

Invader is offline Common

Default Re: Considering selling my 1990 Nintendo World Championship Grey cartridge

How much you selling it for?

Any wear on the label? I'd also like to see some pics please.

I'll get some pictures when I get home from work tonight.

Zak
    Zak is offline Old School Gamer

That is worth a lot. BlackDS posted a little while back a link to an ebay auction in which it was being sold for like $3,000 and that one had a pretty messed up labed. Yours sound like it is in better condition so it could be worth even more.

Epsilon is offline Uncommon

So how much is the gray Nintendo World Championships cartridge worth, anyway?

Zak

Xylem is offline Uncommon

wow, 35 bids and $5172

That is one of the holy grails of nintendo collecting indeed

kangaroo is offline Uncommon

Quote Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
    So how much is the gray Nintendo World Championships cartridge worth, anyway?
    I think we've seen it go anywhere between like $3000 to $5000 depending on condition... waiting to see some photos from the OP

Here are the pictures. Upon close inspection, it looks like there is a piece of tape over the front of label (see pic). This tape has been there since probably 1995 when I went to college. I will not remove the tape, but it looks like it would come off cleanly. There is also a redness in one of the pictures which does not exist on the actual unit. I think that was the flash.
    Attached Images

corby is offline Trivia Master

wow nice you dont get to see that cartridge often, I think its the first sighting of it on this forum

Zak

Based on the photos and other auctions I've seen in the past, I would say it is worth around $4,500.

I don't have that kind of money to spend right now, but anyway good luck with the sale if you do decide to sell it

BlackDS is offline Scarce

Yeah, there is slight fading, so that might lower the value, still worth more than 10 dollars! 4,500 sounds like a good value.

I thought the value might be up a little because it is so easy for me to authenticate. But maybe that is not so important.

Arthas is offline Uncommon

I guess the best way to find out is to place it on Ebay and have the bidding war begin

BlackDS is offline Scarce

If ebay is your route, just make sure you feature the game and advertise it on Nintendo fan sites.

Zak

Additional places where such item could be promoted:

Digitalpress
    chasethechuckwagon
    nintendoage
    atariage
    gamesniped

corby is offline Trivia Master

yeah never a bad idea, though holy grails such as this one get enough publicity by itself people tend to find it and post about it

Arthas is offline Uncommon

Currently though there's this store (jjgames) that has a promotion going on and they are giving away a free Nintendo World Championships cartridge in a contest... so I would wait until that is over to try and sell it.

octo is offline Uncommon

I've always wanted to get the NWC Grey Cart (But can't afford it though). Very cool.

so did you end up selling it? I think you can get maybe $5000+ for it