+ Reply to Thread
    Tina is offline Uncommon

Default Received letter from Filing Enforcement Section Franchise Tax Board California?

I got a letter a few weeks back from ftb that I failed to file my 2007 state tax return to the california franchise tax board.

So I filed my tax return but now I got this letter from Filing enforcement section

it says:

STATE OF CALIFORNIA
    FILING ENFORCEMENT SECTION
    FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
    PO BOX 942840
    SACRAMENTO CA 94240-0040

Date: September 10, 2009
    Tax Year (s): 2007

LETTER ID : xxxxxxxxxx Maker: xxxxxxxx

Thank you for your recent communication.

We have information indicating that you received income from California sources during the 2007 tax year. The income information was reported by the following sources:

PAYER: xxxxxxxxx
    WAGES PAID BY xxxxxxx $xx,xxx

You are required to file a California income tax return or substantiate why you are not required to file. Please attach a copy of this letter to your return or reply.

We appreciate your cooperation.

Taxpayer Services

Under separate cover we are sending you the following forms and/or publications: 540, 540NR

Internet and Telephone Assistance

Telephone: 800.852.5711 from within the United States
    916.845.6500 from outside the United States (not toll-free)
    TTY/TDD: 800.822.6268 for persons with hearing or speech impairments.

FTB 4046 MEO (REV 05-2007)

Why am I receiving this letter?? Like I said I already filed my tax return after the 1st letter from the Franchise Tax Board, so what do I need to do now?

Sean is offline Uncommon

Default Re: Received letter from Filing Enforcement Section Franchise Tax Board California?

I would recommend calling one of the phone numbers on the letter you received and finding out from ftb what you have to do.