+ Reply to Thread
    buzzmart is offline Very Common

Default Not just another eBay clone (Buzzmart.com)

I hope I am not getting in trouble here by plugging my own marketplace on these boards but I will give it a try. Sorry admin if I have breached your board policies but I could not find anything re advertising.

Just like many people I have had a bad experience with eBay a few years back and decided to start my own marketplace. I could have just as easily joined an eBay alternative but I was tired of seeing all the eBay clones so I decided to start coding my own marketplace based on the what I thought needed to change in ecommerce at the time especially with the rise of social networking and rich media, facebook and youtube to be precise.

Long story short, I, along with my team, recently launched Buzzmart which is what we like to call a "social marketplace". I believe Buzzmart is unique in which we have tried to create a very different marketplace from what is currently out there by incorporating aspects of social networking, such as a blogspot, unique user profiles, a transparent user commenting system for listings, live chat and many more to enable buyers and sellers to more openly communicate to one another and improve overall safety from fraudsters. We have also included features like adding live web cam recording to your listing, embedding media from other websites, galleries and are adding fun and exciting new features on a daily basis.

Best of all we do not charge any fees.

As we are a steadily growing start-up we would really appreciate your comments and feedback which is one of the main reason for me joining this board.Furthermore, good ideas that are worth implementing are always welcome so please tell us and we are likely to do it.
    Thank for reading!

Default Re: Not just another eBay clone (Buzzmart.com)

Hi all,

Over the last couple of weeks our tech bods have been working extra hard on improving our service and we're pleased to tell you about several fantastic new features we have implemented on our social marketplace platform:

The Buzzmart Network

Besides improving the overall layout of the Network, we have included a neat feature which allows you to filter Buzzes by friends who are also connected with you on Facebook. You can now see which Facebook friends of yours are also using Buzzmart, making it easier for you to interact with people you already trust.

Furthermore, we have also added a function which allows you to connect your Twitter account with the Buzzmart Network allowing you to automatically tweet your Buzzmart activity to your followers.

A better look for your listings

Visitors can now view all listings either in list or gallery mode, making it clearer for buyers to find what they are looking for. Additionally, we have tweaked the way your individual listings look by re-arranging various attributes on the page and adding a zoom function to all listing images.

A smarter sell template

New features to the sell template include an automated image suggestion tool which fetches images based on the title of your listing. No more worrying about finding the right image for your products.

Furthermore, we have included the ability to add UPC, MPN, Brand and ISBN fields to your products so that your listings can get indexed by Google Product Search.

Personalized profile pages

We have improved the way profile pages display by bringing your listings to the top of the page and giving them maximum visibility which they deserve. You can also link your Facebook fan pages directly into your Buzzmart profile page and interact with other member using our Live Video Chat tool.

These are just the first of many fantastic improvements we have coming to the site, so make sure to check us out at Buy and Sell Online | Shopping and Auctions | Buzzmart.

Best wishes,
    George & Tony
    Co-Founders

Default Re: Not just another eBay clone (Buzzmart.com)

Happy Easter!