+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sheeny

Thread: Store w/ Fixed Prices or Auctions with Low Starting Prices

Sheeny is offline Common

Playful Store w/ Fixed Prices or Auctions with Low Starting Prices

Seems now-a-days, everywhere you go, people are looking for an alternative to you know who.

They leave you know where by the thousands when changes are being made. The only trouble is, they split up and get sprinkled around all the other selling venues.

Also seems, if they go to a site without auctions, they are wanting auctions.

I always preferred the auction format over the fixed price store format. So I decided to go with Webstore.com. There you can have your cake and eat it too. Fixed price Store listings and/or Auctions. And, it's FREE.

I guess that last word is the main reason I'm there. Free is good.

So, why am I spouting off about this? Oh, I guess I am trying to promote my venue, and get some business. But I was also bored, and thought I would try out Rarity Guides Community Board. You know what they say, 'Talk about anything'.

Anyhow, if anyone cares to comment about different venues, auctions vs. fixed store prices, or just want to tell me I'm crazy, feel free to add you comments.

Primrose is offline Uncommon

Default Re: Store w/ Fixed Prices or Auctions with Low Starting Prices

I also prefer auction based over fixed price since usually you get better deals in an auction

but sometimes if I want something fast like if i need it for a gift, i'll look for a fixed price auction

Sheeny is offline Common

Default Re: Store w/ Fixed Prices or Auctions with Low Starting Prices

@Primrose, so for buying, you like the auction (possibly better deal). Yes, I agree for buying, and if you want it quick, fixed price is the way to go.

But on the other hand, if selling, which is preferred? Auction or Fixed Price?

I guess it depends on how unique or rare an item is - Auction hoping for lots of bids or Fixed Price hoping for the right buyer.

Since I don't have unique or rare items, I go with Auction at low starting price. That way, someone either gets a good deal or just maybe I get the good deal (multiple bidders).

It's all a game now-a-days, something like 'Risk'.