+ Reply to Thread
    chronodev is offline Founder

Default Delay in next module

Sorry about the delay in publishing the next module in the Academy BASIC courses. I've had my attention devoted to bringing out more rarity guides and have had less time to edit the next module. I hope to publish it soon.

In the meantime, feel free to practice more of what you've learned so far and post any questions in this forum
    chronodev
    Founder, RarityGuide.com
    "We're so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take time to enjoy where we are." -Calvin & Hobbes

It's still delayed. Been extremely busy lately with the rarity guides and other materials for the site, and with the site administration in general.

Thanks for your patience.
    chronodev
    Founder, RarityGuide.com
    "We're so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take time to enjoy where we are." -Calvin & Hobbes

nimbo is offline Very Common

Default Re: Delay in next module

Hello!

I happened on your site while searching for BASIC programming tutorials, and chanced upon your Academy BASIC.

While I certainly understand the limits of time preventing you from releasing the next module, I thought I'd drop a line of encouragement. Never hurts, right?

Your course is the easiest to follow that I have found. The programming examples are fun, and your communication is uncomplicated and friendly, especially to someone with very little programming knowledge.

Well done so far, and I really hope to see the next module materialize. Keep up the good work!

Default Re: Delay in next module

Thanks for the positive feedback,

And yes while I hate to make excuses, the website has grown a lot in popularity, and is currently peaking at over 1000 online users at times.

This requires many of the resources to be deferred to handle this spike of users, including answering and resolving a lot of support issues on the backlogged support email, not to mention the development of new rarity guides and the maintenance of new ones.

That being said, we have not abandoned Academy BASIC but the pace in which materials will be released is going to be a bit slow in the near future.

Thanks again for your nice words!
    chronodev
    Founder, RarityGuide.com