+ Reply to Thread

Default VGA video game authority

Today after a month collecting game on Ebay i came across a copy of God of war for the ps2 which was boxed inside a Acrylic hard plastic case with a rating on it. i wondered whats this. On some research i found out that there is a company in America by the name of VGA who takes a game from you on your request rates it and gives it back to u in this sealed box with a Rating from there side.

They check if the game is genunie etc accroding to there claims and they also charge you like 25$ per game.

Me being in Pakistan dont see any chance of getting my games to them since the shipping cost will hurt me very badly. But i was wondering what are your thoughts on this company . Are they really good and is it worth it.

Do we collectors of video games have to now get a copies Rated from some authority since i am getting unsecure after seeing this site and thinking that none of my games are Rated.

would love to hear your views.

corby is offline Trivia Master

Default Re: VGA video game authority

I wouldnt worry about it, personally I dont care much about grading. If I had a really ultra rare sealed game (like thousands of dollars) then I might consider it, but otherwise I think grading a video game is unecessary.

CastleKing is offline Uncommon

I think they are pretty new? A large part of the grading is how reputable/authoritaive the grading authority is. For example Beckett is a grading service that has been in the business for a long time so their gradings are trusted. Dont know about VGA but time will tell whether game collectors will embrace it as a real authorithy in game grading

Baelog is offline Uncommon

I have a couple of expensive games that I want to have graded but I am scared to mail them so they dont get lost or damages in mail or something where can I go in person to have them graded?

Xylem is offline Uncommon

How does VGA check that a game is not a reseal?

maybe they have some people who have been in a business for quite a while