+ Reply to Thread

Default is this a good idea

many of the games in previous consoles are impossible to find. Is it a good idea to start from the present rather then the past. How about I start collecting ps3 games and try to get them all.

Is that a good idea ?
    i think i will get all the ps3 games as far as availability is concerned.

how many games do you think are already released on the ps3 ?
    i hope its feasible. but i am not sure.

BlackDS is offline Scarce

Default Re: is this a good idea

It is better to make rarityguides for older consoles because thier numbers wont change too much in the next few years. If we were to make a PS3 rarity guide, then whenever this generation is over, all the numbers will have to be updated. Perhaps you can expect consoles like gamecube and X-box get rarity guides soon as they are out of production. By the way, theres over 500 games for the PS3 so unless you plan on winning the lottery, it would be wise to wait untill most games are less then 20 dollars each to start collecting.

hmm yea. it will take a lot of money just to get these 500 games and then more are coming. I guess atari 2600 is the most safest bet then less then 1000 games.

well, some of the rarer games can set you back, but 2600 is a good start for any new collector, as long as you can find a system that works!

hmm but is a working system needed. since i dont want to play any games of the Atari 2600. i play the ps3 and have no desire of playing old games . i can always see them on youtube. i just want to keep them in my collection and Brag about them :-)

atarilad is offline Uncommon

I think games are produced in much more quantity today so I the PS3 games will probably not be as collectible as the Atari games for example. And it will take a long time for them to gain value

But hey if you like PS3 games then go ahead and collect those, collecting is also for fun

You just gotta play Space Invaders! Besides, you should probably at least turn it on to see if the game WORKS, even though cartridges are durable, they can break. Ya know, you could probably fit every game, repro, and demo ever created for the 2600 on a blue-ray disc. We sure are inproving fast!

nice points guys. Thanks. i am still thinking what console should i start to collect. Atarilad got a good point that ps3 games are produced in hi quatities to it will take a lot of time.

BlackDS you are right that one should try but most of the games i am getting are Sealed so i cant open them anyway. Dont have atari and i think i wont buy it lets stick wtih the sealed ones for now.

I was thinking i should go for ps2 but the thing is that i didnt played ps2 much i had the gamecube so i cant collect something which i didnt played well. taking that out. its either Atari 2600 or the ps1. i have to choose 1 of these to start collecting more.

what do you ssay ?

da 'cube.
    Its the answer to every queston!
    Besides, you have one.

Any 5th or 6th gen console/handheld will do. Game stores will practiclly give you games like thier infected with tiburculosis!
    Oh and buy a DS, just do it. now.