+ Reply to Thread

Jogger Need Guidance on Collecting

i have recently started to collect. ordered like 40 games from Ebay in 2 shipements and looking for ward to collect a lot more.

I need guidance as to what direction i should collect in ?

I have played these things in this order:

Atari 2600
    Commodore 64
    Commodore Amiga
    Sega Mega Drive
    3DO
    Sony Playstation
    Sony Playstation 2
    Nintendo Gamecube
    Sony playstation 3 i have currently. have around 7 games on it.

now either i should stick with these consoles and collect the games that i loved

Or

Should i just choose one console from them and start to collect in that

Moreover. i see these rare games and there meters and i feel like these games are more valuable but infact many of these games are bad games which were produced in low quantities . Is collecting them right just because they are Rare regardless the fact that many of them are totally Crap. what to do ?

kangaroo is offline Uncommon

Default Re: Need Guidance on Collecting

Which system do you like best?

I would recommend starting with 1 or 2 systems. Its hard to collect for ALL the systems, for example the Play Stations and C64s have like thousands of games. Atari is a nice one to collect for since there less the 1000 games for it and most are not that hard to find. I personally collect for game boys.

And yeah buying a rare game even though the game itself sucks totally - thats exactly what being a collector is all about

My favourite would be the PS 3 ofcourse but i like them all in General. the 50-60 games which i have are a mix of all .

the recent ones i got from Ebay my main focus was to collect Factory Sealed. since i dont want to get used pieces maybe which will get me no added value in the future.

So should be shoot for Factory sealed first until we dont have a choice

klicker is offline Super Moderator

Factory sealed can be very expensive especially for older items. Some classic games can be worth hundreds or even thousands factory sealed.

If you have the money though, go for it, they do keep their value well overall

BlackDS is offline Scarce

I personally play some systems, and collect for others. For example, I play the DS, but I only have 20 games for it. I collect for Gamegear, so I don't really play any of the 100+ games I have.