+ Reply to Thread
    Lensman is offline Very Common

Default How Mint Is Mint and Does It Work?

I'm in a quandry. My wife decided that I need to clear up some space in my "Collecting" room so that she can have some collecting space of her own. That means that I'll need to clear out a lot of duplicate video game consoles and games, as well as a few long boxes of comics and other things.

Among the things I'll be clearing are two boxed Atari Jaguar systems. Both are complete in box. While the boxes have been opened and have significant storage wear, both systems and parts have never been used and are still sealed in the original plastic wraps. That was the condition they were in when I bought them 10 years ago.

My question is.... Since the boxes have been opened, should I unwrap the interiors and test them to make sure that they work? If I do, does that raise or lower the value. I'm not trying to get rich off the things but would of course prefer to get the best price I can reasonably expect. But I don't want to sell something as "New Unused" if they might not even work.

Any suggestions?

Arthas is offline Uncommon

Default Re: How Mint Is Mint and Does It Work?

I would keep them sealed in the wraps, and mention in any auction that the system is untested. I think taking them out of the wraps could lower the value. For sealed systems, buyers dont expect them to be tested.

misha761 is offline Very Common

Default Re: How Mint Is Mint and Does It Work?

Absolutely, leave them wrapped. It lowers the value significantly when you unwrap them. Buyers expect "storage" wear on boxes. The previous answer was also correct in saying that you should mention in the auction that items are "as is - untested".