+ Reply to Thread
    Blog Entries

Default Ancient Hand Crafted Lapis Lazuli Bead Necklace Pendant from Bactria

These bead artifacts from the ruins of ancient Bactria are made of the beautiful Afghan lapis lazuli. They have been re-strung by a collector-restorer of such pieces. This is a wearable necklace about 17 inches long. The tube beads are incredibly small, measuring about 2 mm x 3 mm: the rounded bicone accent beads measure about 5 mm x 6 mm.

The necklace pieces came from the ruins of the Bactrian culture that existed from about 2500 B C to about 1600 B C. This means that the beads are around four thousand years old.

Bactria is now a province in the country of Afghanistan. The Bactrians specialized in miniature beads, figurines and amulets. They also made larger images or abstract designs in copper and bronze adornment and vessels. They carved stone images and vessels as well.

But for fine jewelry, they often made these very tiny lapis beads. This is a fine collectible piece that also can be worn to the amazement of those who see you wearing it.

I offer a lay-away plan for buying pieces priced above US $200. I reserve the piece and invoice you each period that you choose, then send the package as soon as the last payment is received.

There is no shipping charge.

See multiple photos at Ancient Hand Crafted Lapis Lazuli Bead Necklace Pendant from Bactria | craftsofthepast - Jewelry on ArtFire

AndrewCampbell is offline Very Common

Default Re: Ancient Hand Crafted Lapis Lazuli Bead Necklace Pendant from Bactria

Wow this piece of antique jewellery is really pretty indeed. Not only is the colour vibrant but the design is also timeless as well. Buyers would need to be real quick to get hold of a unique gem such as this. That is why I am in love with antiques as compared to modern regular jewellery.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ancient Hand Crafted Lapis Lazuli Bead Necklace Pendant from Bactria

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCampbell View Post
    Wow this piece of antique jewellery is really pretty indeed. Not only is the colour vibrant but the design is also timeless as well. Buyers would need to be real quick to get hold of a unique gem such as this. That is why I am in love with antiques as compared to modern regular jewellery.
    Thank you very much for your kind comment, Andrew! I hope someone takes your advice.
    Anna