+ Reply to Thread
    Blog Entries

Default Signed Silver Antique Yemen Wheel Beads Apparently from Same Workshop

signed_silver_antique_yemen_wheel_beads_apparently_from_same_workshop_6fea37c1.jpg

The signature and the manner of placing the signature inside the granulated silver wheel beads are similar, or identical in my view, leads me to believe these two fantastic old beads were made by the same Yemen Jewish silversmith some time in the late 1930s or early 1940s.

They add value to your collection of Yemen silver and they can be worn on a chain or cord as single beads. They look best when strung with copal amber beads in any shade from lemon to deep caramel brown.

Measurements: 1 inch = 25 mm
    18 mm diam x 12 mm height

Free shipping to all U.S. addresses.

AndrewCampbell is offline Very Common

Default Re: Signed Silver Antique Yemen Wheel Beads Apparently from Same Workshop

I would love to see more samples of the antique jewellery from the Yemen jeweller! I've always found it quite fascinating to research on the different pieces across time. When a jeweller puts their mark on their work, it's truly a mark of respect when it becomes recognizable and others start noticing the mark too!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Signed Silver Antique Yemen Wheel Beads Apparently from Same Workshop

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCampbell View Post
    I would love to see more samples of the antique jewellery from the Yemen jeweller! I've always found it quite fascinating to research on the different pieces across time. When a jeweller puts their mark on their work, it's truly a mark of respect when it becomes recognizable and others start noticing the mark too!
    Thank you for your interest. You can see many outstanding examples of Yemen jewelry workmanship at my Website: