+ Reply to Thread
    oldbookworm is offline Very Common

Default RARE BOOK BY James Russell Lowell 1800'S

Origionally written in 1848 By James Russell Lowell. called "Early Poetry" "Lowell's Poems" hardback 229 pages Cover reads only "LOWELL'S POEMS" !!!!! What is disturbing me about it is, the publishing company (New York home book company 45 Vesey Street) that cannot be found listed anywhere. no printing date or number. the author . " James Russell Lowell" died in 1891 in 1894 the book was given to a women whos name is handwritten in beginning pages of book and dated Dec. 26, 1894 and signed with first name of the person giving the book. with that information I am determining the book to be published after 1848 but prior to 1894 but with no knowlege of what edition it may be. Can anyone elaberate on possible value

Livinthealaskandream is offline Very Common

Default Re: RARE BOOK BY James Russell Lowell 1800'S

Is this book "Lowell's poems" of any value? I have one with written signature inside cover,dated 1894 HELP.........

asleygo is offline Very Common

Default Re: RARE BOOK BY James Russell Lowell 1800'S

James Russell Lowell my favorite poet, i just love his stuff