+ Reply to Thread
    cheerymuppet is offline Very Common

Default Carnelian and Silver ring with symbols -Help

Hello. My mum showed me a ring she purchased at an Antique store that had symbols/characters all over it. I have attached a picture of the characters on the ring. Here is a link to a similar ring without symbols:RARE ANTIQUE SILVER CARNELIAN PERSIAN RING 70 YEARS (11/25/2006)
    I don't know very much about symbols or characters from other languages. In my research the closest thing I can find to what these symbols are is that they are possibly numbers and they look a lot like Farsi...but also there are a lot of "mirrored" characters so I'm really unsure. Also the star/pentagram is throwing me off.
    Anyone have any idea what, if anything, these symbols mean? Also I am not sure which way is up or down so the images could go either way.
    All the symbols that look like they must be numbers were n the back of the (carnelian?) in the ring. The others were on the front.

If you know anything about this/can interpret the symbols please reply!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by cheerymuppet; 03-08-2011 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Change Photo