+ Reply to Thread
    BlackDS is offline Scarce

Default The Birds and the Bees: A BlackDS story

Ring! Ring! Says my alarm clock, happily shouting to me that it is 10 AM. Despite the extra 4 hours of sleep, I grumble and groan, slowly slithering out from my blankets. I walk like a zombie into the kitchen, oblivious to the fact that I am still in my underwear. As I enjoy my bowl of Frosty Flakes (the cereal of champions, if you are a champion on wellfare), by dad bursts into my room, telling me to get ready for my Kung-fu class. Woo-hoo, 1 hour of sweating and excercise to start my day. 5 minutes before class is supposed to start, I am thrown out of my dad's 95 Grand Prix (quickly becoming a heap of plastic and metal, but it was still goin' sttrong). Today is sparring day, which means I get my ass kicked by the other blackbelts, I feel that I have wasted my time, and my parent's money as I get put in a painful armlock.

Back in the car, my dad says "hey champ, wanna go for an adventure?" Despite my definative "NO!", we are on our way to Pick-a-part, a beautiful, heavenly, and glamourus....junk yard. Fortunatly, I have my trusty BlackDS with me, so for an our and a half, I feel a little bit of happiness as I play Geometry Wars. Then, we arrive at the yard, in a questionable area in the middle of nowhere. In my nice 60 dollar shoes, I step out of the car, right in a puddle of mud. Through the mud, me and my dad look for a car like his, after an hour of searching, we find one, but it doesn't have the part we need. I leave the place with one bolt and a great feeling of emptyness.

With our "adventure" over, I assume I get to have a nice warm shower and finish my bowl of frosty flakes, but noooo. My dad needs new glasses! They are going to take 2 hours to make! Have fun wandering around in this mall! Well, I do have fun in the mall, the first place I go is to the top floor. I acsending on the esclator is like climbing the satirway to heaven, as I go into a game store called Cash-in-Culture. I look around in every system I have, and I still have a few hours to waste, so screw it, I look in the NES section. My life changed forever. I see in a pile of gray, a silver ray of light in the form of a cartridge. It says "Bee 52, by Camerica" "Do not put in water, do not drop, do not leave in direct sunlight" "leave this switch in position A, unless game does not work" My jaw drops as I see the price is only 8 dollars, but I only have 6! I hide the game in the bottom corner of the shelf, hopeing that my dad can give me 2 more bucks.

"No"

I beg and plead, but it is no use, so I walk out of the glasses store, and sit on a bench. There, I hear "I'm sorry for making you wait mam, there is a special sale everyhting's half off and I have been on hold for 15 minutes, please be patient.." I see this young man alone behind a Vorizon cell phone kiosk, swapped with 5 customers and computer troubles. I hear him say "Hey, can I somebody get me a Coke for me?" I perk up, and He hands me three dollars to get this god his bottle of holy water. The machine, large and cold as it stands there, ignored untill this moment, drops me a coke and gives me 2 dollars in change.

I sprint to the store and buy this treasure right infront of 3 punk's noses, and I hear "that will be $8.55" My heart sinks, I forgot to factor in tax! but, down and out, about to give up, the pimple-ridden cashier says "its not a problem, I will pay the tax for you". I nearly start skipping as I leave the store, NES game in hand, and when I find my dad as he shouts "lets go to Arby's!", but I was not thinking arby's, I was thinkins, "YES!"

The End

eliphas0 is offline Uncommon

Default Re: The Birds and the Bees: A BlackDS story

another entertaining story DS, keep writting

That was actually my day.
    If I were to write anything else it would suck.

There is an old saying "Write what you know..." .

The real talent of a story teller is to take mundane things and wrap them in an entertaining package.

Well, I wanted to grossly exaggerate it, as in sneaking in the back of the store, braving pits of poisonous snakes, and opening a treasure chest to find this game.

That I think would take the fun out of it. Have you ever ready anything by Douglas Adams? He has a great way of making the ordinary seeming perfectly silly.

Where as you have a talent for taking the mundane and making it amusing and or interesting, its a talent few folks have.

Cool, problem is I just found the game on ebay for 12 bucks, so now I am pissed off. I'm going back to not writing ever again now.

Oh, I am reading Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy right now! He must be rubbing off on me.