from the blog:

Bonanzle.com has changes its name and is now Bonanza.com !

"Today is a big day in Bonanza history. Bonanza? Don’t you mean Bonanzle? Actually, no. Today we changed our name! Check out the new URL at Bonanza :: Your destination for everything but the ordinary and keep an eye out tomorrow morning for the press release on the newly designed site!

On one hand this is a big deal. We changed our name! That’s huge! On the other hand we really just swapped a vowel and dropped a consonant. Both are true. Why change the name after two years? We’re one of the fastest growing marketplaces already – why mess with a good thing? While I’m proud of our growth, I’m also far from satisfied. I want Bonanzle (wait, Bonanza – this is going to take a while) to be a household name. Two years in and my grandparents still get the name of the company wrong (hi grandma! hi grandpa!); pretty much everyone does. And guess where they settle after giving up? You guessed it.

So, when Bonanza became available we had to go for it. First, it’s a real name. When I was running the company out of my apartment on a shoestring I could only hope to have a real name. Second, it’s clearly what I based the company name off of in the first place. I can’t think of a better way to describe the social sales experience we’ve created than a ‘source of great and sudden wealth; a spectactular windfall’ Third, being the sort to rely on data, we even did some consumer recall testing on Mechanical Turk (tips hat to Amazon). Guess which name is easier to recall after a one second flash of the company name? It wasn't even close. "

Blog - Bonanza