+ Reply to Thread
    knobby is offline Very Common

Default Difference between Trading Card Games and Collectible Card Games

I've observed that some games call themselves "Trading Card Games", like for example the Fight Klub Trading Card Game... While other games refer to themselves as a "Collectible Card Game" like for example the Star Trek CCG

In the abover example even both games are made from the same company (Decipher) but one is called a CCG and one is called a TCG

Is there a difference between a CCG and TCG

mrgamesmaster is offline Common

Default Re: Difference between Trading Card Games and Collectible Card Games

Not really...both TCGs and CCGs are collectible in their own right. Fight Klub is a bit different from Star Trek considering the "One" Kilo is a complete set while "Two" is an expansion which you'll have to get more than one of in order to have a whole set. You get a good amount of cards for the price you pay though, so it ends up being worth it. Also, if you get 3 of "Two" then you get "Black Beauty" which showcases a few T2 cards, some invite cards and also a puzzle called Decipher This! on a card as well.

Never played Star Trek, so can't comment on that, but if I've interested you in FK, feel free to go to the site and tell 'em I sent ya. The game's only been out a lil' over a month now officially, so it's still fairly new. I've been a Founding Mentor for the game for close to a year now. L8r for now.

CastleKing is offline Uncommon

I think these terms can be used intercahngeably. If a card game is a Trading Card Game, then it is also collectible. And if it is a Collectible Card Game, then the cards can obviously be traded... so TCG and CCG basically mean the same thing.

Adrian is offline Uncommon

Sounds the same to me...