+ Reply to Thread
    BlackDS is offline Scarce

Default How do I edit the title of a thread after I started it? (unsolved)

theMK2 is offline Uncommon

Default Re: How do I edit the title of a thread after I started it? (unsolved)

uh report thread and start over? sounds feasible to me

jared is offline Staff

click on "go advanced" and you'll able to edit the title.

Note that posts are editable for a limited amount of time (several hours) after posting, and titles are editable for even a shorter amount of time so you might not be able to edit a post/title if too much time has elapsed.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen." -Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by jared View Post
    click on "go advanced" and you'll able to edit the title.

Note that posts are editable for a limited amount of time (several hours) after posting, and titles are editable for even a shorter amount of time so you might not be able to edit a post/title if too much time has elapsed.
    I suggest that you can edit anything you have made, threads, posts, anything! Now that I'm a moderator, my opinion actually counts!

chronodev is offline Founder

We are aware that it's inconvenient that you cannot edit your own post after a certain time, but this is in place because of security purposes.

Here is why: (this happened a lot of times before we had made this rule)

- Spammer joins forums
    - Spammer goes to video game forum and makes a legitimate thread about video games
    - Moderator looks at thread, sees its related to video games and so does not suspect the poster is a spammer.
    - After a few weeks thread is already gone from the first page of the forum. Spammer then comes back, edits the post and put links to illegal sites. Since moderator has alredy looked at that post he will not notice those links and they will stay there for a long time until its has been reported.

So thats why we only allow to edit for a limited amount of time. You are always encouraged to just make a new post though.
    chronodev
    Founder, RarityGuide.com
    "We're so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take time to enjoy where we are." -Calvin & Hobbes

How about I just read every thread anyway cause that is what I'm supposed to do.

Zak
    Zak is offline Old School Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDS View Post
    I suggest that you can edit anything you have made, threads, posts, anything! Now that I'm a moderator, my opinion actually counts!
    I think a good idea would be at least to let users edit the first post in a thread they made, so they can update it with information and the likes. Otherwise they PM me and I have to do it all the time...

sri500275 is offline Banned

Hey,

Thas good quote here with the forum.Even i face the same problem some time before.
    go to the quick edit mode? there you can made the changes.some time we wont get that option.Could you please tell me how i can edit threads on that time?

------------------
    Warm Regards

Solomon
    Last edited by jared; 03-27-2010 at 12:57 AM.

SlamBradley is offline Common

I think an easy way to work around the spammer problem would be that you would be able to edit a post but it would show the original post and then underneath that a line stating something like "EDIT: *insert text*" and only on the original post maybe
    I know its a bit of coding but so is the limited time so maybe the limited time counts for every post after the first and the first just has the EDIT line

SlamBradley is offline Common

accidental double post.

SEE? ITS USEFUL!