+ Reply to Thread
    starfire is offline Uncommon

Default What camera did you use for the Museum pics?

Just finished looking over the photos at the Museum- very interesting items and great photos. If I may ask, what camera did you use to take those?

chronodev is offline Founder

Thanks for the compliments about the museum. Look out for more pictures coming soon!

Regarding the camera, most of the pictures were taken with a Canon Rebel XSi/450D.

rodeo38 is offline Uncommon

Good choice for the camera, My friend has s Canon Rebel XSi/450D. Takes very good, professional shots.

afterburner is offline Common

Gear

Quote Originally Posted by chronodev View Post
    Thanks for the compliments about the museum. Look out for more pictures coming soon!

Regarding the camera, most of the pictures were taken with a Canon Rebel XSi/450D.
    Hey chronodev, I had a question:

I also have the Canon Rebel XSi digital camera model. I need now to get some telephoto zoom lens. I went to Best Buy, and they showed me 2 models: the Canon 75-300 mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM Lens, and the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens.

The difference is that the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens has a Canon Image Stabilizer. But it also costs like $300+ more than the Canon 75-300 mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM Lens.

My question is, is the Canon Image Stabilization worth it? Do the lens you used for taking photos for the RarityGuide.com museum have a Canon Image Stabilizer (they do look pretty good like others said).

The IS lenses cost a lot more so want to get feedback if Image Stabilization (IS) is worth the extra price.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by afterburner View Post
    Hey chronodev, I had a question:

I also have the Canon Rebel XSi digital camera model. I need now to get some telephoto zoom lens. I went to Best Buy, and they showed me 2 models: the Canon 75-300 mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM Lens, and the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens.

The difference is that the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens has a Canon Image Stabilizer. But it also costs like $300+ more than the Canon 75-300 mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM Lens.

My question is, is the Canon Image Stabilization worth it? Do the lens you used for taking photos for the RarityGuide.com museum have a Canon Image Stabilizer (they do look pretty good like others said).

The IS lenses cost a lot more so want to get feedback if Image Stabilization (IS) is worth the extra price.

Thanks
    Yes the Image Stabilizer is definetly worth it. Image Stabilization let's me take clearer pictures without having to use a trupod. And even if my hands move a little (which is natural) when taking the photo, it still comes out clear. Otherwise, because of slow shutter speed, photos could come up blurry. Its also good to take photos when you are not allowed to use flash, such as in theatres or museums. I have image stabilization on all my Canon lens. I have the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM and I do recommend it. I wouldn't bother with the 75-300 mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM, if you are going to spend a few hundreds of Doillars, you might as well chip some more and get the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM it will last you for a long time.
    chronodev
    Founder, RarityGuide.com
    "We're so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take time to enjoy where we are." -Calvin & Hobbes

Yes the Image Stabilizer is definetly worth it. Image Stabilization let's me take clearer pictures without having to use a trupod. And even if my hands move a little (which is natural) when taking the photo, it still comes out clear. Otherwise, because of slow shutter speed, photos could come up blurry. Its also good to take photos when you are not allowed to use flash, such as in theatres or museums. I have image stabilization on all my Canon lens. I have the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM and I do recommend it. I wouldn't bother with the 75-300 mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM, if you are going to spend a few hundreds of Doillars, you might as well chip some more and get the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM it will last you for a long time.
    Thanks for the feedback chronodev, I think I am going to go with the IS lens.

I had another question: What lens would you recommend for Macro Photography

(within a less than $500 budget)

Quote Originally Posted by afterburner View Post
    I had another question: What lens would you recommend for Macro Photography

(within a less than $500 budget)
    Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
    chronodev
    Founder, RarityGuide.com
    "We're so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take time to enjoy where we are." -Calvin & Hobbes

Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
    Thanks