+ Reply to Thread
    BlackDS is offline Scarce

Default Whats with all the talk about Pokemon Platinum?

I don't understand how all these threads about making certian pokemon evolve has anything to do with rarity guides! I can see things like this being discussed in the picnic forum, but about 2/5 of the threads for the whole site (2,147 while the rest of the site has 3284 threads not related to pokemon) are in the pokemon forum! Shouldn't things like this be discussed on a gaming website or a dedicated pokemon site? I think this is quite excessive and nearly every thread in that forum should be considered to be deleted because they have nothing to do rarity guides or the buying/selling of rare goods and unless I am mistaken, those are the two main features of rarityguide.com

Zak
    Zak is offline Old School Gamer

Default Re: Whats with all the talk about Pokemon Platinum?

Most of the rarity guides currently are gaming related, so obviously there will be gaming discussion, including pokemon (which does seem to be extremely popular on these forums)

I enjoy very much the gaming discussions here, and while I've never played pokemon, I also dont mind others discussing it - It's all contained in 1 forum (category), I just go into the forums that interest me.

klicker is offline Super Moderator

I've been in these forums almost from the beginning, and it certainly has evolved (like pokemon ) from being just talking about rarities to encompassing a whole lot more. Nowadays people come here to talk just about anything and the community is very helpful. I see it as a good thing personally.

jared is offline Staff

Oh yeah the pokemon forum... we never imagined it would become such popular.

At first just a few people came asking some pokemon questions which got answered very fast, so others saw that they can get help with pokemon here and posted questions of their own, one thing led to another and now this has become one of the leading forums on the web to get pokemon related help.

And it all falls under gaming which is a big part of this website (and I agree with klicker, thiese forums have become much more then just a "how rare is my item" sort of thing)
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen." -Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy

Pika22 is offline Uncommon

Dont know why you say the posts need to be deleted, they are in the pokemon forum which is intended to discuss pokemon

I am mistaken then, . I just found it wierd that nearly all gaming talk on this site is about this one game (not even other Pokemon games!). I thought the threads that repeated should be deleated. For example, on the first page there are five threads about eevee. Perhaps there could just one thread all about eevee. Or, one big guide on making the Pokemon evolve. I don't know. I never got into Pokemon and even as a kid I found it well, stupid. (no insult to anybody, just my opinion).

Justin is offline Expert Pokemon Trainer

Pokemon Platinum is a fun game, you should give it a go. Then you can even join in the discussions

I do agree with you, some posts in that forum are repeated or deal with the same issue. However if for example we joined all the question about eevee into one post then it would become really big and people will not find their answer easily. This way people ask questions and get answers in their own post and know where to find it

wags7121 is offline Uncommon

i agree with ds. every time i get on here and look at recent posts its always filled with pokemon questions, most of them seem to be asking the same general questions. i know nothing about pokemon really and am not hating on it, but it seems like all these questions seem very simple and should be common sense to someone who plays pokemon. i just think if ou have taht many questions about pokemon maybe you should go to a pokemon specific forum
    Last edited by wags7121; 01-01-2010 at 10:47 PM.

Justin is offline Expert Pokemon Trainer

I guess you guys then wont be thrilled with our new addition of the international pokemon forum section to help pokemon trainers from around the world

kangaroo is offline Uncommon

I believe many users are posting questions no matter how trivial they are, with the primary purpose of increasing their post count and rank in the forum

wags7121 is offline Uncommon

yea its not just pokemon either, but i cant complain bc usually i answer questions if i can but i just dont think that stuff belongs on this site. it should be about collecting stuff, no a how to site

Why has someone dug up my thread from its grave?
    It was resting in peace, now it will spend the rest of eternity, haunting wags7121