+ Reply to Thread
    Vitaman is offline Very Common

Default Commodore 64 Rarity Guide

I would like to request a C64 Commodore 64 games rarity list.

C64 was after all one of the most important systems.

Thank you

chronodev is offline Founder

The Commodore 64 (C64) is a great system and we are planning a on publishing a Commodore 64 Price Guide, I cannot give you an exact date though.

In the meantime you are more than welcome to use our Price Check Forum where you will receive feedback from the community regarding the value of your Commodore 64 games.
    Last edited by chronodev; 10-30-2008 at 12:24 AM.
    chronodev
    Founder, RarityGuide.com
    "We're so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take time to enjoy where we are." -Calvin & Hobbes

I have an announcement to make: due to a huge interest in this from the community, we've decided to launch the Commodore 64 Rarity List sooner then what was planned. The original plan was to first finish the Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance Rarity Guides, but we are now giving priority to the Commodore 64 games Rarity Guide.

The guide will be launched shortly and will be populated with data as we process it. It will take a lot of time to complete (since there are thousands of titles) but we will make all game data available as we analyze it. As a reminder, at RarityGuide.com we manually research all the data and do not post harvested numbers. You should see the Commodore 64 Rarity guide up with some games listed soon, and as we study the data more games will be added slowly but surely until it is complete.
    Last edited by chronodev; 12-02-2008 at 04:35 AM.
    chronodev
    Founder, RarityGuide.com
    "We're so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take time to enjoy where we are." -Calvin & Hobbes

jared is offline Staff

That's some sweet news. I don't think I've ever seen a complete C64 Rarity Guide (I think because they had so many games...) it'd be cool if RarityGuide.com were the first to publish such a guide

Vitaman is offline Very Common

Thanks that is indeed great news

c64fan is offline Uncommon

Quote Originally Posted by chronodev View Post
    I have an announcement to make: due to a huge interest in this from the community, we've decided to launch the Commodore 64 Rarity List sooner then what was planned. The original plan was to first finish the Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance Rarity Guides, but we are now giving priority to the Commodore 64 games Rarity Guide.

The guide will be launched shortly and will be populated with data as we process it. It will take time to be complete (probably several weeks) but we will make all game data available as we analyze it. As a reminder, at RarityGuide.com we manually research all the data and do not post harvested numbers. You should see the Commodore 64 Rarity guide up with some games listed soon, and as we study the data more games will be added slowly but surely until it is complete.
    Nice it's about time someone made a good Commodore 64 rarity guide

Dice

I have more good news for all the Commodore 64 fans out there. I have founded the "Academy BASIC" which is a course intended to teach Commodore 64 BASIC programming language. I know that many of the Commodore 64 fans might be just interested in games, but if you want to really call yourself a C64 person then you should go and learn some BASIC. You might even write your own Commodore 64 games when you are through with the material.

No programming experience whatsoever is required. This course is for everyone, and I've even added a special forum to discuss and get help with course material. So go and check it out, it's free! It currently has only a couple of modules but more modules are constantly being added.
    chronodev
    Founder, RarityGuide.com

c64fan is offline Uncommon

Quote Originally Posted by chronodev View Post
    I have more good news for all the Commodore 64 fans out there. I have founded the "Academy BASIC" which is a course intended to teach Commodore 64 BASIC programming language. I know that many of the Commodore 64 fans might be just interested in games, but if you want to really call yourself a C64 person then you should go and learn some BASIC. You might even write your own Commodore 64 games when you are through with the material.

No programming experience whatsoever is required. This course is for everyone, and I've even added a special forum to discuss and get help with course material. So go and check it out, it's free! It currently has only a couple of modules but more modules are constantly being added.
    I've always wanted to learn BASIC, now I finally have an excuse to do it

The Commodore 64 Rarity Guide is now live. It doesn't have many games just yet, but as I said we are researching the C64 field and will add more games as we process them.

So here is the direct link to the Commodore 64 Rarity List

RarityGuide.com - Commodore 64 Rarity Guide and Price Guide C64 Games
    chronodev
    Founder, RarityGuide.com

I've added a new column in the Commodore 64 Rarity Guide: Media

This will be either Floppy Disk, Cartridge or Cassette.

Reason is that in many cases, the same game might have different rarity or value depending on the media version. So for example, the Cassette version of the game might be more/less rare then the floppy or cartridge version of the same game.
    chronodev
    Founder, RarityGuide.com

Tree

The Commodore 64 Rarity List is now 100 games strong! and growing.

RarityGuide.com - Commodore 64 Rarity Guide and Price Guide C64 Games
    chronodev
    Founder, RarityGuide.com