+ Reply to Thread
    yellow9 is offline Uncommon

Default When would be a good time to sell my Star Trek Collectibles?

I have a lot of Star Trek Memorabilia and Collectibles, which I am planning to clear since I do not have room in my garage anymore. When would be a good time to sell them, should I wait for the movie to come out?

chronodev is offline Founder

Yeah you should definetly hold on to those until the Star Trek movie comes out (or until very close to it).

The hype generated by the Star Trek movie will drive up the value of all related collectibles (especially if the movie becomes a big success, which I suspect it will be)

As an example (which I also mentioned in another post), value of all Transformers items grew exponentially when the Transformers motion picture came out. Transformers collectibles that were going for like $100 on the market before the movie, upon nearing release their value grew up to like $500, for example.

So yes, definetly hold on to those Star Trek collectibles for a bit more.
    chronodev
    Founder, RarityGuide.com
    "We're so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take time to enjoy where we are." -Calvin & Hobbes