+ Reply to Thread
    BlackDS is offline Scarce

Default Question about Adventures of Batman and Robin for Sega Game Gear

I have a queston about a gamegear game I found called The Adventures of Batman and Robin. The grooves near the top of the case are different and it dosen't say geme gear at the bottom, it just says game, on the right side. Is this common for all known copies of this game, or is this thing turbo-rare?

You peeps didn't like my joke I guess.
    Last edited by BlackDS; 08-29-2009 at 11:07 AM.

kangaroo is offline Uncommon

Default Re: Question about Adventures of Batman and Robin for Sega Game Gear

Could it be a majesco game? I know they produced different versions of the game gear games

Invader is offline Common

Or could it be a fake?

Erozion is offline Uncommon

Quote Originally Posted by kangaroo View Post
    Could it be a majesco game? I know they produced different versions of the game gear games
    I dont think Majesco produced that game but I could be wrong

Segment is offline Common

I have a boxed Adventures of Batman & Robin,my box says "Game Gear" to the left (vertically) and under it is the sega game gear seal/log it says "Official sega seal of quality" then to the right of it is a silohuette of Batman and robin and then to the right it says Kids to Adults K-A Ages 6+

On the back of the box it has the sega logo on the bottom.

The cartridge also has the 3 elements: Game Gear to the left, then the official sega seal of quality, and in the right corner "Kids to Adults K-A Ages 6+"

Aoe
    Aoe is offline Moderator

Could it be like a european version or something

Epsilon is offline Uncommon

Does it have the sega seal of quality and sega logo on it

Quantum is offline Uncommon

Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
    Or could it be a fake?
    yeah maybe it is some sort of bootleg

Yeah, the label looks very dodgy, the K-A and SEGA logo look very blurry.
    So, I guess its a pirated game, does that make it more valuable?

kangaroo is offline Uncommon

yeah could be pirated,

Most collectors like to get the original games obviously (when I am at the flea market and buying game boy games I inspect every label carefully to make sure I dont buy a fake) though a pirated version might be valuable to certain collectors... though I dont think it is super valuable or anything fakes are generally not considered rare although there are exceptions which I cant remember now

Just for clarification, can I see the standard cart?
    Oh, and it dosen't work right
    I guess I'll have to clean it

Erozion is offline Uncommon

Yeah, thanks, I now see that the label itself is smaller and crooked. What a waste of 2.50!

Pika22 is offline Uncommon

Only 2.50 I once bought a fake pokemon cartridge (game boy) for $20 didnt know it was fake when I first bought it, a friend showed me later a real one and then I could clearly see that it was a fake now I look at cartridges more closely before buying

Oh well, I got 3 others that are original (I think) and they work for 7 (Shinobi, Super Monaco GP 2 and Winter olympic games)
    Hey, I'll sell it to you if you buy it for more then $2.50 It still dont work, I even used 2 Q-tips dippped in Hydrogen Peroxide to clean it! (hopefully that dosen't hurt the game.)
    Last edited by BlackDS; 08-29-2009 at 11:43 AM.

trader is offline Uncommon

I have the the adventures batman and robin game how much is it worth

Quote Originally Posted by trader View Post
    I have the the adventures batman and robin game how much is it worth
    We have a rarityguide for that
    RarityGuide.com - Sega Game Gear Rarity Guide - Online Price Guide
    12 dollars loose

trader is offline Uncommon

ok thanks