+ Reply to Thread
    scorpdog9 is offline Very Common

Default Gamecube and Xbox 1 rarity guides?

EDIT: Gamecube and Xbox Guides are now up:
    Gamecube: http://www.rarityguide.com/gamecube_view.php
    Xbox: http://www.rarityguide.com/xbox_view.php

Hi I am kinda new here, just stumbled across this site less than a week ago and I must say I am very impressed by the accuracy of the rarity guides. Just a couple questions I have .. are the guides updated / maintained on a regular basis? I know guides for the older stuff like atari 2600 don't need as much maintenance because they are pretty much set in stone due to their age. But guides for somewhat relatively young systems like the N64 and Dreamcast might need maintenance on a quarterly or semi-annual basis. I also noticed that the PS1 and PS2 guides are far from complete. I would imagine this is due in part to their much larger gamebase and the fact that they are still relatively young systems? I am also wondering if there is a Gamecube and Xbox 1 rarity guide in the works? These two systems are pretty much 'out the door' especially the Xbox 1 since Gamestop no longer accepts trades. I maintain my own rarity guides for both these systems and would have a lot of insight to add.

Aoe
    Aoe is offline Moderator

Default Re: Gamecube and Xbox 1 rarity guides?

Good suggestion, I would like a Gamecube and Xbox rarity guide as well.

I am guessing they are starting from the older systems becayse there are a lot more guides for old systems then there are for newer ones

scorpdog9 is offline Very Common

Yeah .. I think it is time at least to get a preliminary guide up and get a good list going of at least the top 50 rare collectible games.

BlackDS is offline Scarce

As aoe stated, we tend to make rarityguides for systems that have already hit rock bottom as far as depreciation goes. Seeing as the Gamecube and X-box are close to that point, I'm guessing those 2 are near the top of the list to me compiled. The Playstation library is just too damn big , so we are most likely waiting so we would not have to revise the prices. (I don't make the guides, so really this is a guess)

Gamestop is seriously not accepting Xbox games anymore? Thats not right! The 360 is still partially backward-compatible. They should have a list of games they accept (Compatible ones, and games worth over 5 dollars)

http://www.racketboy.com/guide/the-r...le-video-games
    This site has plenty of articles like "rarest games" for a single system.

chronodev is offline Founder

Quote Originally Posted by scorpdog9 View Post
    Hi I am kinda new here, just stumbled across this site less than a week ago and I must say I am very impressed by the accuracy of the rarity guides. Just a couple questions I have .. are the guides updated / maintained on a regular basis? I know guides for the older stuff like atari 2600 don't need as much maintenance because they are pretty much set in stone due to their age. But guides for somewhat relatively young systems like the N64 and Dreamcast might need maintenance on a quarterly or semi-annual basis. I also noticed that the PS1 and PS2 guides are far from complete. I would imagine this is due in part to their much larger gamebase and the fact that they are still relatively young systems? I am also wondering if there is a Gamecube and Xbox 1 rarity guide in the works? These two systems are pretty much 'out the door' especially the Xbox 1 since Gamestop no longer accepts trades. I maintain my own rarity guides for both these systems and would have a lot of insight to add.
    Welcome and Thanks for your feedback,

Regarding the Gamecube and Xbox rarity guide they are in the works, can't give you a date yet, gamecube one will most likely come sooner. The Playstation 1 and Playstation 2 will follow soonafter. Priority goes to older systems, which is why the Playstation rarity lists have not been published yet.

Regarding update of the rarity guides- they are updated regularly, at least twice a year; though often some of the guides are updated more frequently, depending on collector and market trends.

User feedback also plays a part, so we will always be happy to hear your insight,
    chronodev
    Founder, RarityGuide.com
    "We're so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take time to enjoy where we are." -Calvin & Hobbes

BlackDS is offline Scarce

Hey, you got half your wish