+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    octo is offline Uncommon

Quote Originally Posted by CastleKing View Post
    A quick google search i found this site:

http://tuulisti.com/ff_coldcasts.htm
    Interesting... that website also warns that there's a lot of fake casts, but it doesn't say how to identify those fakes, anyone know?

CastleKing is offline Uncommon

What about that first silver Cloud statue pictured, anyone know what its worth?

spear is offline Common

That's a real nice Final Fantasy collection you got there

Werewolf is offline Common

Quote Originally Posted by jared View Post
    I had that magazine actually, sold it for like $70 (so I think it is worth a lot, unless the poster had been taken out).

Not sure about the difference between the text on the cover. I think mine had the "50 secret..." text on it.
    Oh damn I think I had that magazine but cant find it now I hope I didnt throw it away

taran22 is offline Uncommon

ok so i'm confused now, is that Cloud verus Sepiroth diorama worth $600 or $4000 or what

jared is offline Staff

Quote Originally Posted by taran22 View Post
    ok so i'm confused now, is that Cloud verus Sepiroth diorama worth $600 or $4000 or what
    I guess we could say that if you are buying the Cloud vs. Sephiroth cast, you would want to pay $600, and if you are selling one you would want to fetch $4000 for it. Though I would say the actual value lays somewhere in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by jared View Post
    I guess we could say that if you are buying the Cloud vs. Sephiroth cast, you would want to pay $600, and if you are selling one you would want to fetch $4000 for it. Though I would say the actual value lays somewhere in the middle.
    So you are saying its worth $2300

Trumpet is offline Very Common

Wait but we saw an auction in which someone paid $4000 for the Cloud vs Sephiroth Cold Cast Diorama. So isn't it safe to say that it is worth $4000? I mean, by definition, an item's value would be worth what someone would pay for it. So in this case, it sold for $4000 so isnt it worth $4000?

gamescollector is offline Uncommon

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Wait but we saw an auction in which someone paid $4000 for the Cloud vs Sephiroth Cold Cast Diorama. So isn't it safe to say that it is worth $4000? I mean, by definition, an item's value would be worth what someone would pay for it. So in this case, it sold for $4000 so isnt it worth $4000?
    I don't think it's as simple as that.

First off, it was only one auction which we saw the item sell for $4000. Maybe there's some emotional factor, like the buyer had some emotional attachment to this item and decided to spend more than what the item is really worth. I mean, show me 10 auctions that consistently sold for $4000 and I'll be convinced, but after just one auction we cannot make that determination especially since in another auction we have it going for only $600.

Also, I think there is a temporal factor. I mean, if you want to get rid of it fast you will get less money for it then whats it really worth, but if you are patient and willing to wait you might get a lot more than what its worth. We don't know how long that seller who sold it for $4000 has been trying to sell it.

For example, let's say I own the Cloud vs Sephiroth Cold Cast Diorama. Now if I really needed money fast and wanted to sell it this week, I would most likely not get $4000. I would get closer to $600 like the other seller got. If I have it on the market for a longer time, I would probably get closer to what its worth, I would say around $1500 to $1800 maybe. Now, If I instead put it on the market for a year or 2 and decline any offers less than $4000, I'm bound to eventually find a collector who would buy it for $4000. But that doesnt mean that its worth $4000, since if I try to trade it in the immediate vicinity of time I wouldnt get that amount.

Jeff81 is offline Uncommon

can you give us more details about that first statue the one that says Final Fantasy VII Cloud No. 1660? I don't think I've seen that one before. Am guessing its some sort of limited edition?

Actually apparently that seller has lots of cool Final Fantasy stuff:

eBay Seller: vetenks: items on eBay.com!

Quote Originally Posted by taran22 View Post
    Someone is selling the Cloud vs Sepiroth Cast on Ebay now for even higher

Final Fantasy VII Cloud vs Sephiroth Cold Cast Statue - eBay (item 220353136289 end time Feb-08-09 13:02:09 PST)

$5,000
    Interesting... Though there's also the best offer option on that item. Will be interesting to see how much it does end up selling for

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Interesting... Though there's also the best offer option on that item. Will be interesting to see how much it does end up selling for
    So far I see there's been one offer on it, which was declined by the seller.

How much was the offer for?

Don't know, doesn't say. I think it only says the offer amount if the offer is accepted.

gamescollector is offline Uncommon

Watching that auction myself.. Still hasn't been sold

I see there's another offer on it... it's pending. If it gets accepted we will know how much it was

CloudStrife is offline Common

Wow, I bet you those people are willing to spend like 3,000 dollars on the statue if they're putting serious bids in. I'm having money problems, so I'll probably end up selling this on ebay for a starting bid of 3,000. Probably sounds steep in price but if someone is willing to put it on ebay for 5,000. I guess the value on this statue is worth alot. Almost listed it today but ebay gave me an error, I think its because they assbags want me to pay fees before listing it, I think I should try another bidding website since ebay does this fee crap shit... Actually, that is what I'm about to do right now.