+ Reply to Thread
    Danie is offline Very Common

Default White Porcelain Horse Figurines (set of 8)

Hallo all Rarity forummers, I am new to your world and find it an absolutely fascinating place.

On the topic ... I inherited a set of 8 white porcelain horse figurines from my (living) mother, when I moved halfway around the world some time ago. There is no information available on this collection and I thought that this would be the most appropriate place to ask for advice or input on what exactly it is and possibly even value.

I apologise for the quality of the 'mobile phone' pictures; but note the standard size matchbox amongst the figurines, to give an idea of size. Two of the horses have 'broken' legs; one was visibly fixed, but the second I'm just keeping broken as it is, for fear of further damage through any novice repair attempts.

Please PM me with your mail address, if you want that I should send better quality digital photos.

Looking forward to your responses,
    Danie
    Attached Images

Ellie-Aga is offline Very Common

Default Re: White Porcelain Horse Figurines (set of 8)

Hi Danie, I had a set like this when I was younger and growing up in England.Brought back a lot of happy memories seeing your figurines. Let me know if they're for sale. Shellie

Angela48 is offline Very Common

These were pocket money pieces available in the late 1950s in the UK. I have been told they were made by Wade. They also did them in a caramel colour, looked a bit like toffee. I loved them and used to save up my pennies to buy them. They were about 3s 6d for the foals, maybe 5s (25p in decimal currency) for the adult. They were easily broken, especially the tiny legs of the foals. I still have mine, sadly many only 3 legged now.

colimao is offline Very Common

Dear Danie,

I have this collection in its original package, bought last year in a Christimas Sale.

Looking at the box, I would say it was made in the 20ies or 30ies. They look Chinese, but I am sorry because I cannot assure it.

Please enjoy the pictures of the package and the way they were displayed in it

Kind regards

Joćo
    (colimao@gmail.com)
    Attached Images