+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Bryce is offline Very Common

Default Need advice: The Elvis Presley Game by Teen-Age Games (1957)

I have the opportunity to purchase The Elvis Presley Game by Teen Age Games (Circa 1957) from a private seller.

This is a board game that I have been wanting for a long time, both as a board game collector and an Elvis collector.

He is asking for $1,000 (that's one thousand dollars)

Is that a fair price, or should I try to negotiate a lower price?
    Last edited by Bryce; 12-20-2008 at 03:53 PM.

gamescollector is offline Uncommon

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    I have the opportunity to purchase The Elvis Presley Game by Teen Age Games (Circa 1957) from a private seller.

This is a board game that I have been wanting for a long time. both as a board game collector and an Elvis collector.

Oh wow that is a rare game indeed! One very important detail that you left out though, is the condition. What condition is this game in? Is it in new condition? Is it complete or is it missing any pieces? Does it have corners taped or any ink on the box? etc.
    Last edited by gamescollector; 12-20-2008 at 03:54 PM.

Sorry, forgot to mention:

I inspected the board game personally yesterday. It is in practically new condition; No flaws that I could see. No ink or taped corners. Complete with all pieces. Cards are still unpunched.

If so, then $1,000 is a very good bargain. This Elvis Presley board game is extremely rare and collectible. Finding a game like this in new condition is very hard; I would say by virtue of its condition it is worth $1,500 or maybe even $2,000.

Normally I would say that you should always try to negotiate, but in this case the price is already very low, and if you stall it might get sold to somebody else. So my advice is to go for it!

yellow9 is offline Uncommon

Quote Originally Posted by gamescollector View Post
    If so, then $1,000 is a very good bargain. This Elvis Presley board game is extremely rare and collectible. Finding a game like this in new condition is very hard; I would say by virtue of its condition it is worth $1,500 or maybe even $2,000.

Normally I would say that you should always try to negotiate, but in this case the price is already very low, and if you stall it might get sold to somebody else. So my advice is to go for it!
    I agree with gamescollector

Thanks for the advice,

I've gone ahead and informed the seller that I'd be purchasing the Elvis Presley board game for $1,000

It is a sweet feeling to finally be able to add it to my collection after searching for it for so long

Actually I just noticed that the board games rarity guide here values a mint copy of the Elvis Presley Game at $3,000. So you definetly got a very good deal, congratulations

taran22 is offline Uncommon

yellow9 is offline Uncommon

jared is offline Staff

This might be of interest to you:

A photo of Elvis receiving a copy of The Elvis Presley game from someone (maybe the head of Teen-Age Games Inc.? or the designer of the board game?)

For Elvis CD Collectors • View topic - Creator 'Elvis Presley Game' giving Elvis a copy

Thanks for the link, interesting photo

mattyc75 is offline Common

Default I was just searching the web to find some info on this game as well

I have this game that I just cleaned out of an attic! The round punch "records" are still intact and the elvis guitar spinny thing is mint. The board is mint and box is great, it just has scuffing on two of the corners. No tape or ink either. I would be willing to sell this rare game to serious inquirers!!!!! The phrase cards have been preforated but are all in mint condition. Please email me at mattyc75@comcast.net with any questions or offers.
    matt

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post

This is a board game that I have been wanting for a long time, both as a board game collector and an Elvis collector.

Thanks, like I said I already bought a copy, but you can probably get a lot for it on Ebay

Default thank you I had no idea

I also found an old Dragnet mint board game and didn't see it listed in the price guide on here. I need to take some pictures and put it up on ebay soon. I wish I knew what I had sooner..
    matt

taran22 is offline Uncommon

Quote Originally Posted by mattyc75 View Post
    I also found an old Dragnet mint board game and didn't see it listed in the price guide on here. I need to take some pictures and put it up on ebay soon. I wish I knew what I had sooner..
    matt
    Well glad you found the site. There are stories all the time of people who didn't know how much their collectible was worth, and either threw it away or sold it for 5 bucks in a garage sale. See here and here.

jared is offline Staff

Quote Originally Posted by mattyc75 View Post
    matt
    Yeah I checked and Dragnet is not in there. The Board Games Rarity Guide is a work in progress, so new information is being added to it all the time.

(btw I don't think Dragnet is a very rare game, certainly not as rare as the 1957 Elvis Game)

darknova is offline Common

Quote Originally Posted by jared View Post
    This might be of interest to you:

A photo of Elvis receiving a copy of The Elvis Presley game from someone (maybe the head of Teen-Age Games Inc.? or the designer of the board game?)

For Elvis CD Collectors • View topic - Creator 'Elvis Presley Game' giving Elvis a copy
    Here's another reference I found related to the game:

"One item that is bound to attract a great deal of attention is the Elvis Presley Game with mint contents. This 1956 board game is considered by knowledgeable collectors to be the rarest personality board game of the post-war era. "

(I believe they got the date wrong though, it was released 1957)

Source:
    ElvisNews.com: Elvis Memorabelia Auction

Quote Originally Posted by darknova View Post
    Here's another reference I found related to the game:

"One item that is bound to attract a great deal of attention is the Elvis Presley Game with mint contents. This 1956 board game is considered by knowledgeable collectors to be the rarest personality board game of the post-war era. "

(I believe they got the date wrong though, it was released 1957)

Source:
    ElvisNews.com: Elvis Memorabelia Auction
    Yeah that's a common misconception. The Elvis Presley game was released 1957, not 1956 as some would think.

Default Thank you to all

This site is pretty cool and the people seem great too! Thanks for sharing the knowledge with me. I know there were tons of other stuff that i'm sure were woth some good money that just got tossed into the trash. I pulled the Elvis game out just because of the name. Looks like I made a great decision.
    Here's the question though, should I put it on ebay or do you guys know of another way that it could get in the hands of a collector?
    Thanks again to all and Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!
    Time to go through my old atari game in search for an air raid! Haha wishful thinking.
    matt