Howdey do y'all! After endlessly searching this vast sea of web info, my ship has been stranded here. After about two hours of trying to find ANY info on an Abel Cottey Grandfather Clock, I've bailed out and registered here to HOPEFULLY become innundated with intelligent and informative responses to my quest.....so here goes it....

An Abel Cottey New England 8 day weight driven w/full Westminster chimes has come into my posession. It is approximately 1972eyish. It does NOT currently work. I have no idea where to get some sort of base price for this item. I found an incredible amout of history of Abel himself, grandfather clocks in general and the N.E. Clock Company, accompanied with its demise in 2000. My history is maxed out. I would like to talk ye 'ol dollars & cents. Perhaps a recommendation on a relatively EASY, PRODUCTIVE and INFORMATIVE way to acquire some monetary numbers. From my previous encounter at sea, I am realizing that this clock is most likely not monetarily worth the effort to acquire information regarding itself. I honestly do appreciate any and all help. I thank y'all in advance for your time and intelligence.