+ Reply to Thread
    nicci is offline Very Common

Default Vintage 1971 Beat the Boarder board game good condition

Hello, my father bought this game back in the early 70's all original pieces still in box I can't find any information on the net regarding pricing information if we are looking to sell. Anyone have any idea? I was referred here by an online vintage board have re sale site itself... Thank you.

CastleKing is offline Uncommon

Default Re: Vintage 1971 Beat the Boarder board game good condition

That Beat the Border game has gotta be worth a lot! I actually had one in a very incomplete state (missing game board, etc) and still someone bought it off me for like $50.

If you have all the pieces, I'd say it is worth maybe like $600-$800 to someone who is really looking for it

Kevin Beardsley is offline Very Common

Quote Originally Posted by nicci View Post
    Hello, my father bought this game back in the early 70's all original pieces still in box I can't find any information on the net regarding pricing information if we are looking to sell. Anyone have any idea? I was referred here by an online vintage board have re sale site itself... Thank you.
    A friend tried to purchase this game once on ebay. He quit bidding after $20. I've seen this game and it's cute. I'll offer $25 for your Beat the Border game.
    Kevin in Riverside,CA

bigloser is offline Very Common

my name is robert wilson and I invented "Beat the Border" board game in about 1970 in phoenix arizona. I am trying to find an original copy! There were actually two versions produced....original has weed all over the box and the second version had a white toned down box! Let me know which one you have!!

pamypsoup is offline Very Common

Just joined this site - so hope I obeyed the laws....so I guess I am a newbie....

I have a copy of Beat the Border - with the weed all over the box - obtained it a few years ago. Its pretty good shape for its age - missing the game pieces - I think they were cars - minds foggy that far back - has the money, draw cards, score pads (used) kilo price card, small yellow pencil I think that came
    with the game - not sure. Game box lid fair condition due to tears at the corners and sides - but thinking about the game and the times we played the game - gives me warm fuzzies....

We used to play this game when we lived in Tucson, AZ in the 70's - We loved it!!

Not long after I obtained the game - someone within days filed for the trademark or whatever they call it for some type of rights to the name style of the text or something....someone in CA.