I happen to have an original leather-bound volume titled "Les Combattants Francais de la Guerre Americain 1778-1783" printed in Washington DC in 1903. I don't speak French but as I understand it this is a list of French soldiers who participated in the fight for American Independence. It could be valuable but the research I have done thus far indicate its value ranging from $100-500. I don't necessarily want the book, and would welcome reasonable offers, but I'm seeking assistance in assigning it some value which is compatible to someone's desire to have the volume.

As to its condition, I am new to this but in my untrained eyes, the books is in very good condition. The covers are slightly worn, the corners seem to be square to slightly worn, and there is existence of shelf wear. The spine is in good condition, and the binding is tight. The pages are clean, with no undue wear considering its age, and there is no major discolouration though, again, it shows signs of being stored in less than perfect environment.

Any help or suggestions would be welcome. I will be able to get some photographs if that will help, considering I can figure out how to post them. : P

Hola from the Southeast!
/j\